- Go to the page you want to remove from search engine results.
- Go to Edit > Edit page properties.
- Unselect the Allow search engines checkbox. This property is selected by default when you create a new page because, generally, you do want search engines to index your pages.
- Select the Save button.
You can prevent search engines from indexing a file by editing the file's properties and unselecting the checkbox Allow the Warwick Search service to include this file.
Note: even though this is a request to search engines – not an instruction they must obey – some badly-behaved search engines may ignore the request. SiteBuilder's search engine honours the request though, as do Google and most major search engines.
If you have a Warwick Blog, a link to your blog appears in the URL column of People Search results. If you don't want your blog to display there, edit your blog settings to ensure your blog is not listed in the blog directory.
- What are page properties?
- How do I edit the properties of a file?
- How do I prevent my blog from being listed in a blog directory?
- How do search engines find my pages?
SiteBuilder support forum
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk