Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Web Sign On

Web Sign On email attribute missing

You need to be logged in to post in this topic.
  1. Hi elab, I’m getting student details via requestType=4 for my app. I’m finding however that occasionally,my system is failing. On closer inspection, I’m finding that the error is thrown because the wsos response contains no email: attribute. Because part of the app is to email the student, this is pretty crucial. Is there a reason for these missing emails? I have usercodes of 3 students who are suffering so far like Tom: pouhab who is a first year. This is a critical system, and I’d like to enable these students to register with us soon. Thanks in advance, Steve

2. Re: email attribute missing
    Hi Steve, The details you refer to come directly from the NDS system, and as such there is not a lot that we (web-dev) can do about it. There are two different ways to get this sorted. If the user in question is a Postgraduate, it can sometimes be the case that they have more than one active user code, and that their e-mail alias is not pointing to the one that is perhaps deemed ‘current’. In that case the user can fix it themselves by going tothis page and adjusting their alias to point to the correct mailbox. The second case is where the mail attribute is simply missing, even though the user only has one user code active. One possible cause for this (especially at this time of year) is that their e-mail account has not been created yet. This normally happens in the first 24 hours after registering with ITS. If it has been longer than that, the only solution is to contact the ITS Helpdesk and ask them to update the records for those users. We do the same for any that we find. Hope that helps. Matt e-lab

3. Re: email attribute missing
    Hi Matt, Thanks for your swift reply. I’ve written a script to detect when there is no email address present, and ask for it manually. so i’ve illiminated the problem from a different angle. Thanks, Steve

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Forum followers

Follower data is not currently available.

Search results