When you create a new page, it's located immediately beneath the current page, known as the ‘parent’. To create new pages, you need edit or admin permissions for the parent page.
- Browse to the page that you want to be the parent of the new page.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page.
On the Create new page screen, in the Change page template section, select Classic editor or Components Editor.
Note: the Classic editor is the old visual editor; the Components Editor is an evolution of the old visual editor. It will be possible in future to convert old visual editor pages to Components Editor pages. A Components Editor page cannot be edited with the old visual editor or the raw editor and cannot be converted to an old visual editor page.
- Ensure the page template is Blank web page (the default).
In the URL box, enter a URL (web address) for the new page. The URL can contain lower-case letters, numbers or hyphens. You only need to specify the last part, not the whole URL. For example, if you're adding a reading list under the module AB101:
reading-listin the URL box to form:
Enter the Page heading, which appears at the top of your page and in Warwick Search results. For example:
Reading list for Introduction to Art Theory (AB101)
Enter the Title bar caption. This property appears in external search results such as Google, the visitor's web browser window or tab, and browser bookmarks. See our guidance on how to write effective title bar captions for search.
Reading list for Introduction to Art Theory (AB101) - Warwick
Enter the Link caption, which appears in the local navigation menu. For example:
- Use the checkboxes to select whether the new page is visible in the local navigation menu and search results. While drafting a page, we recommend that you leave these options unselected. When you're ready to publish your page, return to these settings via Edit > Edit page properties and enable them.
- Enter the description and keywords.
Specify the page contact, which appears in the page footer. The contact can be yourself, another individual or a resource account. For example, the page contact for the SiteBuilder support pages is the ITS Web Team's resource account webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk:
- Select Create new page.
- Follow the link in the confirmation message to view the new blank page.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem