Use the podcast page template to show audio and video files in date order. You can upload audio and video files to the page, and visitors can receive notifications when new episodes are available.
In this article:
Create a podcast page
- Browse to the parent page under which you want to create the podcast page.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page.
- Select Change page template to expand the template options, then select Change.
- Choose Podcast.
In the Number of recent items box, specify how many podcast episodes display when the page loads. Visitors can browse to older episodes via pagination links
- The displayed ‘author’ of a podcast episode defaults to the person who uploads the audio or video file. To show the page contact instead, select Use page contact as podcast item author. You can override this setting per episode and choose any author you like.
- Specify whether or not visitors can comment on podcast episodes.
- Choose whether or not to display a Facebook Like button alongside each episode. Both the podcast page template and the podcast episode must have view permissions open to anyone for the Like button to appear.
- Under Add page properties, enter the URL, page heading, title bar caption and link caption. For a description of these properties, see: create a new blank page.
- Specify the keywords and page contact.
- When you've finished editing the page properties, select Create new page.
Upload a podcast episode
- Go to your podcast page and select Add a new podcast.
Select Browse/Choose file and attach your file. We support the following file name extensions:
- Audio: .mp3
Video: .mp4 (recommended), .m4v, .mov, .aviNote: .mov and .avi files display as links, not embedded players.
- Enter an Episode title and Description. Include a link to a transcription of the podcast in the description. You will need to upload your transcript document first.
- Specify the Podcast author.
In the Keywords box, enter keywords separated by commas that describe the episode – for example, an interviewee's name, the topics discussed or location:
When you've finished editing the properties, select Create. Your new episode is published on your page:
- Go to the podcast you would like to edit, select Edit properties.
- To allow the Warwick Search engine to display this file in search results, select the checkbox
- To allow HTML code in the title, select the checkbox Allow HTML in short title.
- Leave Sort Order as it is. The episodes are arranged by creation date with the most recent episode at the top of the page.
- Edit the Description of the podcast. Ensure that you have included a transcript.
- Edit the Keywords - these helps Warwick Search to rank files in the search results.
- To make the podcast available at a future date select Make file available on a certain date and select the date and time.
- To make the podcast unavailable at a future date select Make file unavailable on a certain date and select the date and time.
- Select Save.
Subscribe to new episode notifications
There are two ways to subscribe to notifications:
- Via RSS – right/Cmd+click the RSS icon and copy the link address. Paste it as a new feed in your preferred RSS client.
- For signed-in University members, select Notify at the top right and select when the page changes.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem