When you edit a page, you can include a short comment to describe what you changed. The comment appears on the History tab alongside the edit date. It can help other editors understand what changes you made.
To view existing comments, go to Edit > More, then select the History tab:
- Browse to the page you wish to edit.
Go to Edit > Edit centre content or Edit right content. Before you publish your changes, look in the toolbar and identify the Comment and Minor edit buttons:
- If your edit is small – for example, correcting a spelling mistake – select Minor edit. After you publish the page, your edit appears on the History tab. Any subscribers to page change notifications do not receive an email notification.
- If you change is significant – for example, updating a list of modules for a new academic year or deleting sections – select the Comment button.
- Select Save next to your comment.
- Once you have finished editing the page and saved your comment, select Publish.
- Go to Edit > More, then select the History tab. The topmost row shows the most recent change and your comment.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem