- Browse to the page where you want to upload a file.
- Go to Edit > More, then select the Files tab. This tab lists all files uploaded to the current page (if any).
Select the Upload button:
On the Upload a file screen, select Browse/Choose Files and attach the file from your computer:Note: you can upload multiple files at once from the same folder on your computer. To select multiple files, use Ctrl/Cmd+select. There is a 25-character limit on the file name length, which includes the file name extension.
- The Short title, Warwick Search, Description and Keywords fields are optional – for more information on these options select the help icon next to each field label.
When you have finished editing the fields, select Upload.Note: when you upload a video, you may be prompted to convert the video to a more appropriate format for the web. We recommend you use H.264 MP4 because it's compatible with the majority of devices. For more information, see: convert audio and video files to play online.
- Unless a file with the same name already exists on the Files tab, you return to the Files tab. The uploaded file is now shown in the list.
If you upload a file with the same name as an existing file you see the following prompt. To keep the existing file's permissions, description and keywords properties, and visibility in search engines, select the checkbox.
To upload the new file, select Overwrite. Otherwise, select Cancel to cancel the upload and return to the Files tab.Note: if you're replacing an existing file with a newer version with a different file name, and you link to the file on your web page, remember to ensure your link points to the correct version of the file. It may help to delete old versions from the Files tab.
- You should now see the file uploaded to the Files tab. When you have finished uploading files, select Done.
- If you want visitors to be able to download the file from a web page, you need to add a link to the file somewhere on the page. It's good practice to inform visitors that selecting a link opens a file – include a document icon within the link caption text.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem