- Go to the form you wish to edit.
- Go to Edit > Edit formsbuilder page.
- Under Allow the user to make a choice, select Single-choice rating set.
In the Field name box, enter the name you want to appear as the column heading in the form submissions table. For example:
In the Label box, enter the question or instruction to show the respondent on the form – for example:
How satisfied were you with the conference?
Enter your scale in the Possible ratings section. You can use numbers (say 1-5) or words. For the conference example, we ask the respondent to choose one of four ratings:
- Very satisfied
- Very unsatisfied
In the Items to rate section, enter one item per box – for example:
- Food and catering
- Venue facilities
If you want a rating to be selected by default when the form loads, choose an option from the Default rating drop-down list.Tip: when you ask for a rating, we recommend you leave the Default rating blank. Otherwise, should the respondent skip the question, they may submit the form with the default rating selected.
- To make this question mandatory, select Required. The respondent must choose an option before they can submit the form.
- To show the rating set only to editors of submissions – and hide it from respondents – select Only visible to editors.
- Select Save.
Select Done at the top right to view the published form:
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem