By managing permissions, you control who can view discussions, post replies or new topics, and delete posts. You need admin permissions to assign permissions to others for any SiteBuilder page.
In this article:
Add forum permissions
- Go to the forum where you want to update the permissions.
Go to Edit > Edit page permissions:
Specify who you want to give permissions to:
- Any user, whether logged in or not – the public domain
- Any University member (staff or student) – visible to University members who are signed in
- Staff and PG research students – visible to staff and postgraduate research students who are signed in
- Staff only – visible to staff who are signed in
- This user or group – specify a person's name, usercode or web group
- Choose the permission type to assign:
Note: the view, contributor, edit and admin permissions are the same as a default SiteBuilder page. For more details, see the help article on permission types.
- View – view the forum, topics and replies; ‘like’ posts and flag posts to moderators
- Reply to topics
- Moderate topics – start new topics, edit a topic's properties, and edit or delete replies
- Add new topics – start a new topic for discussion
- To assign the permissions, select the green button:
You can give permissions to allow anyone – whether signed in or not – to post or reply to topics in a discussion forum. Anonymous posts are attributed to A guest user:
To view a forum's current permissions, go to Edit > Edit page permissions:
- To remove permissions from a person or group, select red button . Ensure that you remove all the relevant permissions. For example, if you remove Add new topics permission, the person or group can still view the forum unless you also remove View permission.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem