This article covers how to control the duration of when a resource is available to book. There are several ways to do this:
- define the slot length, which is the default minimum duration
- define the slot frequency, which are intervals of booking start times
- accept extended bookings – permit visitors to choose start and end times as multiples of the slot frequency
- accept recurring bookings
- accept bookings to span multiple days
Note: modifying the bookings settings affects all resources on the bookings page.
- Go to your resource bookings page.
Go to Manage resources > Settings:
Scroll down to the Bookings section:
- Choose a duration from the Slot length drop-down list, which defines the default minimum duration. It applies to all resources on the current bookings page.
- Choose an option from the Slot frequency drop-down list, which defines the intervals of booking start times. For example, a frequency of ten minutes enables visitors to book a resource starting at 9:00, 9:10, 9:20 and so on.
- To allow visitors to choose their booking's start and end time, select the Allow extended bookings checkbox. When unselected, visitors are restricted to the Slot length for a single booking.
- Choose whether or not visitors can make a repeat booking with the Allow recurring bookings checkbox.
- To allow visitors to book a resource for more than 24 hours, select Bookings can span multiple days.
- Use the Send confirmation email to the booker checkbox to control whether or not the booker receives an email notification when they book a resource.
- To allow visitors to make or extend bookings beyond the times visible on the resource bookings page, select For any time of the day.
- When you have finished updating the Bookings settings, select Save changes.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem