Aurora is a leadership development programme for female staff in both academic and professional services roles. It is aimed at those who are ambitious for a career in the HE sector and who would like to develop and explore issues relating to leadership roles and responsibilities. Typically participants will be in roles where they have a significant degree of autonomy and will be responsible for leading discrete areas of work. Academic colleagues will typically be in Research Fellow, Teaching Fellow, Senior Research Fellow, Senior Teaching Fellow or Assistant Professor roles. Participants should have the endorsement of their line manager and Head of Department before booking onto the programme.
The Aurora programme enables participants to:
- Learn tools, techniques and strategies from a team of leadership experts, guest speakers and online resources.
- Develop leadership skills through experiential processes, reflection and conversations.
- Network with delegates through live online development days with interactive breakout sessions and two action learning set meetings.
- Connect with a UK-wide network and niche groups through a members-only group.
- Be supported by a Warwick mentor.
The Aurora programme is an external programme which is managed and delivered by Advance-HE. Please see the Advance-HE Aurora webpages for further details of the programme.