EMERGING CONDUCTING SCHOLAR
The University of Warwick Music Centre is offering a conducting scholarship for exciting, emerging choral conductors.
The successful applicant will:
- Work closely with our Associate Artist and Choral Outreach Assistant, across teams at the University Music Centre within the Warwick Arts Centre and receive ongoing training and mentoring.
- Act as an Assistant Conductor for the university’s vocal ensembles, including the Chamber Choir, Chorus and Vox Warwick.
- Work in a variety of settings and musical styles.
- Have the opportunity to be involved in developing creative ideas and projects, within the Music Centre.
- Be engaged from October 2023 to July 2024, with the majority of work falling during university term times: https://warwick.ac.uk/study/termdates/#2023.
- Receive an inclusive fee of £3000 for this period.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is available for rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- An experienced and motivated musician with a good knowledge of choirs.
- A passion for learning and working collaboratively.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- A creative approach.
- The ability to inspire and enthuse others.
- Previous conducting and outreach experience is desirable.
How to apply:
- Send a CV, covering letter explaining how you feel you can contribute to this role and two references to email@example.com.
- The closing date for applications is Monday 17th July 2023. Interviews will be held w/c 24th July.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Suzzie Vango, Associate Artist: firstname.lastname@example.org