Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Section 1 - Where is/where can I?

Where can I find Lost Property?

Any lost property handed to Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) can be collected from us during our opening hours. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 0800-2000, Weekends and Bank Holidays 1000-1800.

  • Any valuables (phones, jewellery, etc.) are kept until the end of the academic year.
  • Clothing is kept for 2 weeks before being donated to charity.
  • Bank cards and ID cards are kept for 48 hours before being destroyed.
  • Driving licenses and Bus passes are kept for one month before being returned to the appropriate business.

We will make every attempt to contact you if an item of lost property is handed in. This is obviously a lot easier if it has your name on it. If you have lost something and think it might be handed to us, you can email us studentservices at warwick dot ac dot uk or fill in a lost property form at the desk and we will let you know if anything arrives.

Oculus Lost Property

Any lost property found within the Oculus building is passed to Student Services.

If someone wants to send me flowers, and I live on campus, will the Student Services desk take delivery for me?

Yes, we will. Should you receive a delivery of flowers, please make sure your full name, ID and room number is stated on the delivery. When received, the Student Services team will email your Warwick account informing you of your delivery and asking you to collect within three days before the items are discarded.

If someone wants to send me food items (cake etc) will the Student Services desk take delivery?

Unfortunately, we and the post room do not accept deliveries of food items.

Where is the Launderette?

The launderettes on campus are located in the following areas

Where are the on-campus recycling points?

Find out information about recycling points.

Where are the permitted Barbecue sites?

Barbecues can only be held at official Barbecue sites on campus. Authorisation must be approved prior to a barbecue being held using the events application form.

Where is the IT Services department?

The IT Services help desk is situated on the first floor of the Library. IT Services are open from Monday to Friday, 0900 - 1730. They may be contacted on the following number: 02476 5 73737. Emails may also be sent to For any faults related to IT please call IT Services. For network problems within on-campus accommodation call 02476 5 75000

Where is the Learning Grid?

The University has four Learning Grids, one is located in University House ( Ground and First Floors plus a small additional Grid Space off the Restaurant ) another is located in the Rootes Building on the ground floor, one is located on the ground floor of the Medical School and the final one is located Off-Campus in the Leamington Town Hall. You will need a Warwick ID card to gain access. The Learning Grids have computer terminals for students to use and also have wireless internet access if using your own laptop.

Where can I get a bus timetable?

Bus timetables are available online at the relevant bus company’s website

Where can I find my resident tutor?

A member of the residential staff lives in each accommodation block. Their flat will have a sign for Warden, Sub Warden, or Tutor on the door. Contact details may be found in the kitchen or foyer of your accommodation or in the accommodation handbook specific to your residence.

Where can I get proof of address?

Your student status letter can be used as proof of address. The quickest way to obtain a letter of student status is by requesting a digital copy via your e-Vision account.

View and print your on-campus accommodation contracts.

For an off-campus accommodation contract, please ask at Student Services between 0800 – 2000 Monday - Friday and 1000 - 1800 at weekends. Please allow one working day for letters and contracts to be printed.

Where can I smoke?

As per new legislation brought into effect in the UK in 2007, Smoking is prohibited in any public building. View a guide to the smoke-free law for more information. Therefore smoking is strictly forbidden in any University of Warwick building.

Smokers must smoke outdoors and dispose of the residues lawfully.