Coronavirus (Covid-19): Latest updates and information
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Contents :

Section 1 : Where is / Where can I

Section 2 : Reporting faults

Section 3 : Opening times

Section 4 : Term time accommodation

Section 5 : Vacation accommodation

Section 6 : Information regarding keys

Section 7 : Car Parking and fines

Section 8 : Information on Warwick Conferences

Section 9 : Lost ID Card 


Where is the Academic Room ……………...?

If you do not know which building a room is situated in, try visiting your department homepage which should inform you where they are located.


Where is the …………………… department?

You can find the location of the various departments of the University from the campus map at: you may then follow directions from the campus map.


Where can I find Lost Property?

Any lost property handed to Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) can be collected from us during our opening hours. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 0800-2000, Weekends and Bank Holidays 1000-1800.

Any valuables (phones, jewellery etc.) are kept until the end of the academic year.

Clothing is kept for 2 weeks until being donated to charity.

Bank cards and ID cards are kept for 48 hours before being destroyed.

Driving licenses and Bus passes are kept for one month before being returned to the appropriate business.

We will make every attempt to contact you if an item of lost property is handed in. This is obviously a lot easier if it has your name on it. If you have lost something and think it might be handed into us, you can email us ( or fill in a lost property form at the desk and we will let you know if anything arrives.

Oculus Lost Property

Any lost property found within the Oculus is passed to the Student Services.

Where are the permitted Barbecue sites?

Barbecues can only be held at official Barbecue sites. Authorisation must be approved prior to a barbecue being held. Further information and an application form can be found at 


Where is the Westwood Launderette?

The launderette on the Westwood campus is located in the Institute of Education building and contains Wash Co machines.

To view our campus maps, please click here


Where is the Crèche on-campus?

The Nursery is located on Scarman Road towards Lakeside.


Where are the on-campus recycling points?

Updated information about recycling points can be found at the following link:


Where is the IT Services department?

The IT Services help desk is situated on the first floor of the Library. IT Services are open from Monday to Friday, 0900 - 1730. They may be contacted on the following number: 02476 5 73737. Emails may also be sent to For any faults related to IT please call IT Services. For network problems within on-campus accommodation call 02476 5 75000


Where is the Learning Grid?

The University has four Learning Grids, one is located in University House ( Ground and First Floors plus a small additional Grid Space off the Restaurant ) another is located in the Rootes Building on the ground floor, one is located on the ground floor of the Medical School and the final one is located Off Campus in the Leamington Town Hall . You will need a Warwick ID card to gain access. The Learning Grids have computer terminals for students to use and also have wireless internet access if using your own laptop.


Where is Milburn House?

Milburn House is on the Science Park, near University House. It can found on the interactive map

Walk to University House by foot and it will be signposted from there.


Where is the porters’ cabin?

The University has 5 porter’s lodges situated as follows:

University House T.Green 22823 Mobile 07876 217 857

Maths and Stats

B.Derbyshire 22823 Mobile 07876 217 858

Humanities D.L.Wright 22460

W Medical School A.Cook 75771


Where can I buy a laptop?

Laptops can be purchased from IT services on the University campus.


Where can I get a bus timetable?

Bus timetables are available online at the relevant bus company’s website

Lost ID Card

I have lost my ID card, where can I get a new one?

Any new or replacement University ID card issued may take from 20 minutes to 24 hours for full access to work. For printing purposes, your card will take from 12 hours to 24 hours before it can be used.

Replacement ID cards are issued at University House Reception (1000 – 1500 Monday to Friday), and at Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) between 0800 – 2000 Monday to Friday and 1000 – 1800 at the weekends.

There will be NO CHARGE to replace lost and stolen University ID cards for both Staff and Students.


Where can I watch sports?

The Students Union and Rootes Building sometimes display sports programmes in the bar areas. Please check the viewing schedule prior to an event to avoid disappointment.


Where can I get the green recycling bags from?

These are provided by the domestic staff in your residency. Please ask one of your cleaning staff if you require one.


Where can I find my resident tutor?

A member of residential staff lives in each accommodation block. Their flat will have a sign for Warden, Sub Warden or Tutor on the door. Contact details may be found in the kitchen or foyer of your accommodation or in the accommodation handbook specific to your residence.


Where can I get proof of address?

Your student status letter can be used as proof of address. The quickest way to obtain a letter of student status is by requesting a digital copy via your e-Vision account .

On-campus accommodation contracts can be printed off at

For an off-campus accommodation contract, please ask at Student Services between 0800 – 2000 Monday - Friday and 1000 - 1800 at weekends. Please allow one working day for letters and contracts to be printed.


Who can help me with my private off-campus contract?

You can go to the Student Union North Reception. There is an Advice and Welfare Department who can assist you. They will make you an appointment with the Welfare Officer, who can help you with any issues related to your private accommodation.


Where can I smoke?

As per new legislation brought into effect in the UK in 2007, Smoking is prohibited in any public building. Please see for more information. Therefore smoking is strictly forbidden in any University of Warwick building.

Smokers must smoke outdoors and dispose of the residues lawfully.



Off-campus maintenance problems

If you have a maintenance problem in your off-campus accommodation, please report it online at:

If you have no hot water or heating and your property is covered by PRT, you may contact them at any time who will come out to the property to fix the problem. Contact details for PRT and whether your property is covered by them should be detailed in your arrival pack.

On-campus maintenance problems

If you have a maintenance problem in your on-campus accommodation, please report it online at:

If your problem is urgent e.g. no electricity, please contact Student Services or outside of their opening hours contact Security (see contact details).




What are the Sports & Wellness Hubs opening hours?

Opening Times;

Monday to Friday 0600 - 2300

Saturday & Sunday 0700 - 2000

For specific opening times of sports facilities click here

What are the opening times of Rootes Grocery Store?

Term Time

Monday to Saturday 0730 - 2200

Sunday 1100 - 1700

Vacation Time





Accommodation Application

How do I apply for on-campus accommodation? What type of accommodation am I eligible for during my studies at Warwick?

All applications can be made online at Paper applications cannot be accepted.


How do I apply for off-campus accommodation? (Returning student)

Warwick Accommodation manages several hundred properties in Coventry, Leamington and Kenilworth, of different sizes depending on how many people you want to live with. There are also single rooms to book if you are looking for one person.

You can look at all the properties available on the Warwick Accommodation website. Once you’ve found a property, form your group online and book a viewing. You then have 48 hours to view the property and sign the contract.




Can I stay in my term time on-campus room during the holidays?

This will depend on the letting period of your contract. The following applies: -

35 week let accommodation: Covers term time as well as Christmas however you will need to vacate your room at Easter. You are not able to extend your contract over Easter, you will need to book vacation accommodation through Student Services.

40 week let accommodation: You will be able to stay in your room during term time and throughout Christmas and Easter holidays. You will need to move out of your accommodation during the summer.

43 week let accommodation: Covers term time and Christmas and Easter vacation.

50 week let accommodation: You can stay in your room during term time, Christmas, Easter and summer vacation, and will need to move out mid-September.

If you are unsure of the length of your contract, check your on-campus contract for the exact dates.


Where can I stay during the vacation?

Vacation accommodation is available during vacation times (Easter & Summer only). Vacation rooms are on-campus rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities however you can opt to have an en-suite room at an added cost during the Summer vacation only. They are only available to Warwick students that have a valid ITS account. Prices are as follows: -

Warwick Student: £15.00 per room per night (Shared facilities) £22.00 per room per night (En-suite)

Vacation accommodation must be booked and paid for on the Student Services website. Further information is available at Bookings are taken from approximately week 7 or 8 of the term. A 5 consecutive night minimum stay applies. Rooms are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.


What is the allocation process?

We do not pre-allocate rooms. When you come to Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) to collect your keys you will be given the first key available. If you wish to be close to a friend then you and your friend should come to Student Services at the same time, otherwise, there is no guarantee you will be allocated next to each other.




What do I do if I lose my on-campus room keys?

Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) can provide you with a new bedroom key, free of charge.

If you require a spare key, please bring photographic I.D. with you.


What do I do if I lose my off-campus keys?

Small Property (no locks on the bedroom doors)

You will have to get another set of keys cut from a housemates’ set. You are responsible to pay for your new set of keys.

You also need to email your Property Manager to inform them that you have had a new set of keys cut as a result of losing your keys, as they will need to arrange for a new numbered brass tag for your new set.

Large Property (lockable bedroom doors)

Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House)

- During office Hours; You can request a temporary bedroom key and front door key if required via your Property Manager. You will be able to take this away and make a copy of the key. You must return the temporary key(s) before Student Services closes on the same day they are issued to you otherwise your student account will be charged.

- Out of Office Hours; Student Services is unable to issue a spare key to you.


I am locked out of my on-campus room. What are the options?

If you find yourself locked out of your bedroom within Student Services opening hours then please visit us and we will issue you with a spare key.

If the desk is closed or you are not appropriately dressed for the trip then please contact your resident tutor to gain access to your room, you will still need to get a new key from Student Services if yours has been lost.


On-campus room showing red lights before opening what should i do?

The battery on your bedroom door is running low and therefore will need to be changed before it expires. Please inform Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) 024 7652 2280 who will then report this to the Estates Maintenance Team.

My on-campus key is not opening my room what should I do?

Inform Student Services (Ground Floor Senate House) 024 7652 2280 who will then report this to the Estates Maintenance Team. If it happens outside office hours call Student Services (or Security on 024 765 22083 if it is after 2000) and they will contact the out of hours contractor. The contractor does have a 4 hour call out policy.


How am I able to collect my accommodation keys if arriving at the University outside of Student Services opening hours?

Please email to inform us of the date and time you expect to arrive. We will then send your keys to the security main gatehouse who are open 24 hours for your collection.


Can I arrange for a friend to collect my accommodation keys for me?

I'm afraid not. We would prefer to send your keys to the security main gatehouse who are open 24 hours for your collection as the keys need to be signed for by you.


If I am leaving my accommodation outside of Student Services opening hours, where shall I leave my key?

You can complete a key return envelope and leave your keys via our drop box located on the front of Senate House.



Where can I get a car park permit?

For information on different types of car park permits and to apply visit For more information in person, please ask to speak to someone from the car parking team at University House reception.

Can I park overnight?

Parking is only permitted overnight if an overnight permit has been purchased. For more information please click here

Where can I park free of charge?

All car parks on campus are now chargeable. For information on the different types of car parks on campus please visit



For more information on Warwick Conferences, please click here



Back to top