The future of Warwick Sport
We aim to have the most physically active campus community in the UK by 2020. To do this we are investing in a new Sports Hub and in the improvement of our existing sports facilities.
You will have access to the world-class sporting experience you'd expect of a world-class University.
Hub and spokes
The new developments come in the form of a “hub and spokes” model. The new facility will be the main centre for sporting activity on campus.
Our developed and enhanced existing facilities connect to it as “spokes”. This gives you access to sport and activities all over campus.
Who is it for
Once complete, it will be available to our students, our staff and the general public.
Where is it?
The new facility will be located off Leighfield Road.
What will it offer?
- A top quality sporting experience for everyone
- Will be both operationally and environmentally sustainable
- Embeds the principles of an active landscape in the University master plan.
- 12 court sports hall
- Flexible 12 lane, 25 metre swimming pool with moveable floor
- Gym with 200+ activity stations, the largest gym space in the higher education sector
- Flexible studio spaces
- Climbing and bouldering walls
- Squash courts
- 5x 5-a-side football pitches
- Outdoor 3G sports and netball courts
Want to know more?
Take a look at our frequently asked questions.