The League is organised and delivered by Warwick Sport. The League will be managed by the Warwick Sport Sports Engagement Officer (SEO) and supported by a Football Activator(s). This Engagement Officer and the Activator(s) will have the final say on all matters of the league.
The Warwick Sports Engagement Officer is Eugene DeVille.
- The Team Captain is responsible for paying the team fee of £300.00
- The Squad may consist of between 11 to 20 players
- EVERY player must register prior to playing.
- At least seven players must be present in order to play a match.
- Players who wish to play for more than one team must register with both teams and is up to the player’s discretion who they play for should the two teams play together
- All players are expected to sign up to the league to enable Warwick Sport to comply with Government guidance (Covid) on Track and Trace. Once the captain has paid the fee a link will be provided via email that can be distributed to all team players. Each individual is required to sign up free of charge to take part in the league. Players must enter their team name during this process to enable Warwick Sport to attach players to relevant teams.
- It is the captain’s responsibility to ensure this process is carried out and all players are registered.
- Random spot checks will take place during the course of the year. Teams will face disciplinary action should players not be registered.
3. General Rules
- All games will be self-refereed. Teams are expected to provide one referee for each half of the game adhering to the rules at all times.
- Matches will consist of 2 x 30 minute halves.
- 3 points shall be awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- A team forfeits a game if they fail to turn up to play within 20 minutes of the start time. A goal will automatically be conceded for each 5 minute period up to 15 minutes of which you are late, (5 minutes = 0-1, 10 minutes = 0-2 & 15 minutes 0-3) at 20 minutes your team will then forfeit the game at 20 minutes.
- The game shall also be forfeited if the team breaks any of the rules in section 2 above.
- 48 hours’ notice is required for cancellation or rearrangement of fixtures, the cancellation should be given to the league organiser and League Activator(s). Matches should be re-arranged within a week. Cancellations after this deadline will automatically result in 3-0 win to the opponent.
- The rearrangement of fixtures may not always be possible. If this is the case, it is the team’s responsibility to field a team or forfeit the match and 3 points.
- Fixtures for the term will be uploaded to the Facebook group by your league activator(s). As team Captain it is your responsibility for ensuring your team is aware of the fixture dates/times and ready to compete.
- If a team cannot make a fixture they must inform the League organiser and Activator(s) as soon as possible and at least 48 hours before the match. If teams pull out of fixtures without adequate notice then the match will be forfeited to the opposition as a 3-0 win.
- The date, time and location of fixture can only be changed with the permission of the League organisers.
5. League Position
League position shall be decided upon:
- Points obtained
- Goal difference
- Matches won
- Head to head record
Disputes shall be put to the League organiser and resolved. The league organiser’s decision is final.
Any cancellations, queries or disputes are to be sent to Eugene DeVille Sports Engagement Officer Eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk.
The match officials will make the league Activator aware of the result. The league Activator will then update the league table. This should be done within 48 hours of the game taking place.
Should a team, or players from a team, indulge in any actions that are deemed by the organisers to be detrimental to the good spirit of the league, then the organisers are entitled to take whatever action is deemed appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, suspension of players, loss of points or exclusion from the competition. Such penalties are subject to the approval of the League Organiser, whose decision is final.
If any player is deemed to be punished for any offense resulting in a yellow/red card Warwick Sport will be notified. Depending on the severity of the incident this may result in a verbal/final warning. The second time this will result in a one match ban. The third occasion will require a meeting with the league organiser and may well be removed from the league. What counts as a yellow/red card offence is down to the decision of the officials who have the final say.
Prior to leaving your house to take part in the league, all individuals should go through a process of self-screening on a match to match basis. Please check that you:
- Do not have symptoms of a high temperature (feeling hot, feeling cold, shivers and/or feeling under the weather).
- Do not have a new or persistent cough.
- You do not have a loss of taste or smell.
- You have not been in contact with a person with suspected Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- You have not been advised to self-isolate due to a third party from another setting (i.e. school) that has been infected with Covid-19. No one within your household has Covid-19 symptoms as outlined above, which would require the whole household to go into isolation as guided by the UK Government.
- You have not returned from a foreign country in the last 14 days that the UK Government requires people to quarantine on return – A non-travel bridge as defined by the UK Government.
Once you have successfully gone through the process of self-screening and are able to compete, we ask that you:
- Arrive at the venue ready to compete. This to avoid congregating in the changing rooms (only ten minutes prior to kick off).
- Maintain social distancing whilst entering the venue.
- Wash your hand with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
During the Game, we ask that you:
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid congratulatory touches e.g. high 5s
- Sanitise your hands at half time.
After your game has finished we ask that you:
- Sanitise your hands.
- Leave the venue maintaining social distancing
If you have any questions on the league contact eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Good luck and enjoy everyone.