The League is organised and delivered by Warwick Sport in partnership with the University of Warwick Netball Club. The League will be managed by the Warwick Sport Sports Engagement Officer and supported by a Netball Activator(s). This Engagement Officer and the Activator(s) will have the final say on all matters of the league.
The Warwick Sports Engagement Officer is Eugene DeVille and the League Activators are Inaaya Alam and Amy Nightingale.
The following rules are subject to change in line with current Government and National Governing Body Guidelines.
- The Squad may consist of between 5 to 10 players
- All players are expected to register to take part in the league to enable Warwick Sport to comply with Government guidance on track and trace.
- Once the captain has paid and registered their team, they will receive an email within two working day with instructions on how other team members are required to register.
- The registration process for team members is free of charge and a one-time only process.
- It is the captain’s responsibility to ensure all players are registered.
- Random spot checks will take place during the course of the league. Teams with unregistered places face removal from the league.
- At least five players must be present in order to play a match.
- Players who wish to play for more than one team must register with both teams and is up to the player’s discretion who they play for should the two teams play together
- A points system will operate to restrict the number of University of Warwick Women and Mixed Netball club players on court at any one time. First team players regarded as 4 points, second team players as 3 points and third team players as 2 points. A maximum of 9 points may be reached.
3. General Rules
- Matches will consist of 4 x 10 minute quarters
- 3 points shall be awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- A team forfeits a game if they fail to turn up to play within 15minutes of the start time
- The game shall also be forfeited if the team breaks any of the rules in section 2 above.
- 48 hours’ notice is required for cancellation or rearrangement of fixtures, the cancellation should be given to the league organiser and League Activator(s). Matches should be re-arranged within a week. Cancellations after this deadline will automatically result in 15-0 win to the opponent.
- Teams must complete team sheet and hand into the umpire at the end of each match.
- Score cards must be handed into the umpire at the end of each match. Scores will then be uploaded by the league Activator(s) on to The Facebook group.
4. Hygiene and Safety Measures
- All players are individually responsible for carrying out the self-screening process which is covered below.
- Players are expected to arrive at the Sports Hub ready to compete. This to avoid congregation and gathering in the changing rooms.
- Players are expected to follow the one way system that is in place inside the Sports Hub.
- Players are expected to wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Players are expected to sanitise their hand before the start of each quarter.
- The sharing of water bottles is NOT permitted
- The swapping/exchanging of bibs is NOT permitted at any point during league fixtures.
- Sharing of water bottles is not permitted.
- Players are to maintain social distancing where possible
- Fixtures for the term will be uploaded to Facebook by your league activator(s).
- If a team cannot make a fixture they must inform the League organiser and League Activator(s) as soon as possible and at least 48 hours before the match. If teams pull out of fixtures without adequate notice then the match will be forfeited to the opposition (rule 3b and d apply) as a 15-0 win.
- The date, time and location of fixture can only be changed with the permission of the League organisers.
6. League Position
League position shall be decided upon:
- Points obtained
- Matches won
- Point difference
Disputes shall be put to the League organiser and resolved. The league organiser’s decision is final.
Any cancellations, queries or disputes are to be sent to Eugene DeVille Sports Engagement Officer Eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk
Should a team, or players from a team, indulge in any actions that are deemed by the organisers to be detrimental to the good spirit of the league, then the organisers are entitled to take whatever action is deemed appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, suspension of players, loss of points or exclusion from the competition. Such penalties are subject to the approval of the League Organiser, whose decision is final.
Covid-19 Self-screening guidance.
Prior to leaving your house to take part in the league, all individuals should go through a process of self-screening on a match to match basis. Please check that you:
- Do not have symptoms of a high temperature (feeling hot, feeling cold, shivers and/or feeling under the weather).
- Do not have a new or persistent cough.
- You do not have a loss of taste or smell.
- You have not been in contact with a person with suspected Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- You have not been advised to self-isolate due to a third party from another setting (i.e. school) that has been infected with Covid-19. No one within your household has Covid-19 symptoms as outlined above, which would require the whole household to go into isolation as guided by the UK Government.
- You have not returned from a foreign country in the last 14 days that the UK Government requires people to quarantine on return – A non-travel bridge as defined by the UK Government.
Good Luck and Enjoy Everyone