Monday 7 May to Sunday 20 May 2018
Put yourself or your team to the test and see how far you can run/walk, swim and cycle in two weeks.Sign up now
The Tri-Grid Challenge is an opportunity to challenge yourself, get active and have fun - whether you're an exercise enthusiast looking to push yourself to the limits, or just needing a bit of extra motivation to get into running/walking, swimming, and/or cycling.
Track how far you run/walk, swim and cycle over two weeks to earn points and win prizes. Check out last term's winners to see the prize categories and how far we went.
You can enter as individual or get a team of up to 20 people to participate together.
Ability levels can be changed by the organiser if considered unsupportive of the ethos of the challenge.
How does it work?
The challenge runs from 00:01 Mon 7 May to 23:59 Sun 20 May 2018.
1 point will be awarded for each 1km run/walked, 250m swum and 2.5km cycled.
1) Record your activity in metres/kilometres:
- Individual participants must log their activity via Map My Fitness or similar platform, treadmill runs or exercise bike cycles can be evidenced with a photo.
- Activity logged in miles must be converted to metres/km before submission.
2) Submit your activity:
- Post each recorded activity on the Facebook event page or send it to warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk throughout the challenge.
- Please DO NOT submit all activity at the end of the challenge.
- All activities must be submitted by midday on Mon 21 May 2018.
- 10 points - attend one of the Group Runs* (points will ony be awarded once during the challenge)
- 5 points - do all three activities i.e. running, swimming and cycling at some point during the challenge (this does not have to be in one go)
- 5 points - join one of our Running/Walking Groups during the challenge (points will only be awarded once during the challenge)
- Look out for more chances to get bonus points throughout the challenge
* Group Runs (there will be beginner/intermediate, advanced and walking groups):
- Thu 10 May, 12:30pm - 1pm, leaving from the Piazza
- Mon 14 May, 5:30pm - 6pm, leaving from the Piazza
- Running includes walking/jogging, indoors and outdoors.
- Cycling includes outdoor and indoor cycling (excluding spin bikes).
- The purpose of the activity must be to run/walk, swim or cycle i.e. any activity that happens in another sport such as running around a football pitch doesn't count.
- Daily totals on activity trackers such as Fitbit cannot be submitted - each activity must be tracked and logged separately.
- Activities must be worth a minimum of 1 point to count e.g. at least 1km run, 250 swum or 2.5km cycled.
Challenge Ethos and Safety:
This challenge is about encouraging all people to get active - any action deemed against this inclusive ethos may result in disqualification.
Please be concious of your own and others' safety when taking part in the challenge: adhere to the Green Cross Code when near roads and wear suitable and visible clothing and footwear.