Trans community swimming session
This session is open to University of Warwick members of Trans and/or non-binary community to go swimming.
- For University of Warwick staff and students
- Free to attend, just sign up.
- For any member of the Trans or non-binary community.
- It doesn't matter how confident you are in the water, there will be a shallow section and buoyancy aids available.
Date | Location | Cost
|Trans community swimming session||Monday 10 February 2020||1.30pm-3.30pm||Sports & Wellness Hub swimming pool||
£4 for public
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about this event, please get in touch.
Contact s dot naidu-young dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
What is it all about?
This a swimming session specifically for members of the Trans and/or non-binary community.
The session will be fully lifeguarded and there will buoyancy aids and floats available to use.
What to expect
- A friendly, safe environment
- A pool that has been designed to make swimming enjoyable and accessible for all
- A communal changing village with individual changing and showering cubicles
- Large windows overlooking woodland views
Where is it?
Frequently asked questions
Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions about this event.
What should I wear?
Please wear clothing/kit that you feel comfortable in and are able to swim in. Clothing such as rash vests, binders and t-shirts are permitted in the pool.
Will people be able to watch?
No, the blinds will be pulled down so that the public will not be able to look in.
However, if you are a member of the Trans and/or non-binary community and would prefer to observe on this occasion, there is pool-side seating.
Who can I contact if I have any other questions?
For further information about this session please contact Shamira Naidu-Young, Sports Engagement Officer on email@example.com