What does the UNIversal Gym Membership Offer?
- Participating universities agree to offer any student or staff with annual Gym membership from any other participating HEI (referred to as “tourists”) free use of their gym on an unlimited basis between 1st September and 31 August each year.
- Participating HEI’s will outline the exact facilities that “tourists” can access and stipulate any restrictions around excluded facilities to tourists whose home facility is within close proximity.
- Annual members at participating HEI’s will be issued with a pre-designed card at the time they join their “home” facility which will show the “home” institution, membership expiry date etc. and which will need to be shown along with a valid student/staff photo ID to gain access to any participating HEI gym.
What are the benefits of signing up to the UNIversal Gym Membership?
- Students and staff can now be active when they return home at no extra cost.
How will health & safety be managed?
- Any “tourist” member will simply need to complete a new Health Commitment Statement (HCS) at the “tourist” gym when they make their first visit. Upon satisfactory completion of the HCS the “tourist” member will be free to start using the new facility for no charge.