To inspire and motivate our students, staff and wider community to engage in an active lifestyle that supports physical and mental wellbeing.
Our vision towards 2030 is to continue building the most active campus community in the UK, keeping our communities active.
- Promote the benefits of physical activity at every opportunity when engaging with students, staff and our local community.
- Provide an inclusive, accessible offer that supports people to be active both within but also outside of our facilities.
- Continue to improve student employability through volunteering that is supported and provides the chance for reflection on learning.
- Strengthen the #TeamWarwick brand and increase engagement with Warwick alumni.
- Improve the ease with which people can engage with us through the use of technology.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and support to all who engage with us.
- Deliver a range of programmes, services, and initiatives that empower our communities to engage in an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Be a key driver of the positive student and staff experience at Warwick.
- Operate safe and secure facilities that are maintained to a high standard.
- Establish and maintain a reputation as a market leader within the Higher Education sector and wider leisure industry.
- Enhance the pathways for sporting talent and commit to help them fulfil their potential.
"Being active is transformative.
2020 has provided so many challenges for so many people in so many ways. It has had a profound impact on all our lives but has also seen inspirational examples of how we can adapt and remain resilient.
We have seen the importance of being physically active like never before. The importance of community, of the sense of belonging and the positive impact of strong personal relationships are also more prominent.
We know that not only sport but also being physically active does have a huge impact on individuals and provides an opportunity to thrive."
Lisa Dodd-Mayne, Director of Sport and Active Communities