We exist to inspire and motivate University of Warwick students, staff and our wider community to engage in an active lifestyle.
By 2020, it’s our ambition to build the most active University campus community in the UK, with everyone active, every day.
- Enable our students, staff and local community to improve and protect their own personal health.
- Be a key driver of the positive student and staff experience at Warwick.
- Ensure that our student population has access to a wide range of high quality sports clubs. This will sustain participation in the various disciplines of sport.
- Deliver high quality accessible facilities.
- Provide a broad range of courses, products and experiences.
- Give everyone across the Warwick campus the opportunity to participate.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and support to all who engage with us.
- Establish and maintain a reputation as a market leader. This is not just within our own University but within the Higher Education sector and wider leisure industry.
- Enhance the pathways for sporting talent and commit to help them fulfil their potential.
The strategy in full
Inspire. Motivate. Achieve. These three words underpin our goal to get everyone active, every day.
Discover the four strategic themes which will enable us to achieve our strategic objectives.
"Sport is transformative.
It engages, excites and inspires us on a personal level. It transcends culture, age and lifestyle.
At the University of Warwick, we have a fantastic campus with so many opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re an elite athlete, an absolute beginner or you just want to meet people and have fun. It’s all here for you."
Lisa Dodd-Mayne, Director of Sport and Active Communities