Our events are more than just a fun way to meet people from different backgrounds!
During our events, we deliberately try to mix you up and design activities to help you mix and connect across cultural backgrounds.
You can also develop a range of Core Skills through attending various Global Connections events:
- Intercultural Awareness
- Ethical Values
How to claim towards the Award:
If you haven't already signed up for the Warwick Award, it's not too late.
Attend 5 different Global Connections events during the academic year
Submit a self-reflection on the skills you have developed
= 1 point towards the Warwick Award
Note: A maximum of 1 point can be earned during each academic year
Join our mailing list
How to get the most out of attending Global Connections events
- Be brave: Talking to new people can feel daunting, but our activities are deliberately designed to help you connect with new people!
- Put yourself out there: We can learn so much about ourselves; each other; and the world by having meaningful conversations with each other - that's why our activities are designed to help you talk to people from different backgrounds!
- Be adventurous: Our cultural event celebrations are designed for all students - whether you've never heard of a particular festival or whether you've observed it all your life!
- Know yourself: Sometimes we understand ourselves better through explaining our cultural perspectives to others; and the Global Connections events are a great way to hear about others' cultures as well as think about our own!
- Reflect on the experience: It's not an accident that the Warwick Award encourages you to reflect on your experiences - it is an important part of our learning!