CfP for 2018 Social History Society conference, deadline 2nd Feb
Members of EMECC with earlier interests may be particularly interested in the keynote speaker.
This year's Social History Society conference will be hosted by Keele University on 11-13 June 2018. The conference will include a special roundtable session on History & Diversity with Dr Jonathan Saha and others to be confirmed, as well as a keynote lecture from Professor Keith Wrightson of Yale University.
Until Friday 2 February we are happy accept proposals for papers, panels and posters addressing one or more of our conference strands:
- Social Action, Social Justice & Humanitarianism - a one-off strand convened by Professor Pam Cox
- Diversity, Minorities & "Others" - a new strand convened by Dr Daniel Grey
- Self, Senses & Emotions
- Global, Local & Transnational
- Politics, Policy & Citizenship
- Deviance, Inclusion & Exclusion
- Life Cycles, Families & Communities
- Economies, Cultures & Consumption
We warmly accept submissions from new and established historians, covering (pre)medieval, early modern, modern and research, from the local to the global.
George Campbell Gosling
Communications Officer, Social History Society