Registration for academic modules has to be made in person. There are several steps to enrolling on an academic module:
1) Acquire information from your home department about which language courses they will allow you to study as part of your degree.
2) Decide which language to study, then using the language descriptions and level indicators, decide the appropriate course.
3) Visit the Language Centre in the first week of term (for 2017/18 = 4th, 5th and 6th October, 10am to 4pm) to:
• Meet a tutor for a short, informal assessment of your language level and be assigned to a class. You are advised to bring your timetable!
• Make appropriate payment (if required).
• Complete the Language Centre’s online registration form and ensure you have declared any prior study.
4) If you are taking the module for credit as part of your degree studies, you must register the module on your eMR (online module registration).
Please note: It is essential to keep your eMR entry up to date if you change any of the original registration details. Failure to do so may result in you not being correctly registered, being unable to take the appropriate exam and possibly being deficient in CATS.
Postgraduate students (taught course or research) can study on the academic programme. More information can be found on our academic web pages. Postgraduate students are advised to consult their department in the first instance, as they may be able to offer funding.