Terms and conditions
1. Enrolment for our academic modules takes place online. Anyone wishing to take an academic module with the Language Centre must follow our enrolment process, which is detailed here.
2. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. We advise completion of a pre-enrolment form at the earliest opportunity.
3. The pre-enrolment form must be completed prior to arranging an appointment with a tutor.
4. A place on a module is only secured once it has been allocated by a tutor.
The following applies to undergraduate students taking an academic module for credit:
5. Undergraduate students taking an academic module as part of their degree studies must ensure, before completing the enrolment process, that they have agreement from their home department to do so.
6. Undergraduate students must also register on the university’s module registration system (eMR/MRM) for the module they are taking.
The following applies to anyone taking an academic module not for credit:
7. Anyone taking an academic module not for credit is expected to fully engage with the module and is encouraged to attend the compulsory assessments and submit assessed coursework throughout the year; non-completion of these means that a mark will not be awarded for the module.
8. Places are confirmed only when payment has been received.
9. Places are not transferable to other people.
10. Our online secure payment system accepts most major credit and debit cards. We can only accept online payments.
11. Confirmation of your payment will come in the form of an automated email once you have completed the online pre-enrolment and payment forms.
12. We operate a no refund policy, except in the following cases:
- If we have to cancel the course;
If you are unable to attend and you notify us at least one week before the start of the course
- In very special circumstances (medical reasons or relocation - proof required for both). This does not include other commitments.
13. In the case of course cancellation (for example sudden tutor unavailability or where enrolment is below the minimum group size required), a full refund will be given for remaining classes.