Brett Mottram on Gavin Douglas' Translation of Maffeo Vegio's Book XIII of the Aeneid (Supplementum)
18:24, Mon 27 Aug 2018
In this podcast, we interview Brett Mottram, a postgraduate MA student in the CSR about his MA project on a Scottish translation of Maffeo Vegio's Book XIII of the Aeneid (an early instance of fan fiction, perhaps?).
(MP3 format, 21:48, 28 MB
08:55, Thu 26 Oct 2017
Our first podcast of AY 2017-2018 brings you a STVDIO seminar session from Oct 10, 2017. Professor Liam Semler (U. of Sydney) discusses the arrival, origins, and meaning of the grotesque in England from 1500-1700.
(MP3 format, 48:26, 60 MB
12:45, Fri 25 Nov 2016
In this episode, Chris Geekie, Ph.D. candidate at Johns Hopkins University shares his work on the Italian poet and literary theorist, Torquato Tasso. We also speculate as to what Tasso might have thought about Hamilton: An American Musical and Game of Thrones.
(MP3 format, 16:52, 17 MB
15:26, Thu 24 Nov 2016
Professor Beat Kümin discusses his approach to studying the Renaissance.
- Beat Kümin's Warwick homepage: http://go.warwick.ac.uk/beatkumin
- Parish Network research platform: http://my-parish.org
- Drinking Studies Network: https://drinkingstudies.wordpress.com/
- 'Cultures of Early Modern Europe' publication series (Bloomsbury): http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/series/cultures-of-early-modern-europe/
- The European World 1500-1800 textbook companion site (Routledge): http://www.routledgetextbooks.com/textbooks/9780415628648/default.php
- The annual 'Food & Drink Studies' postgraduate summer university at Tours: http://summerschool.iehca.univ-tours.fr/accueil-406678.kjsp
(MP3 format, 19:00, 17 MB
15:09, Thu 24 Nov 2016
Postgraduate students Rebecca Carnevali and Gloria Moorman tell us more about their work on early printed books.
(MP3 format, 14:58, 21 MB
Follow the CSR podcast
Our Soundcloud page
Subscribe in iTunes