Our Taught Degrees
The MA in Applied Theatre: Arts, Action, Change addresses contemporary practice in applied theatre and socially engaged performance in national and international contexts. This MA is aimed at emerging practitioners with a background in theatre, education, politics or activism, as well as at more established practitioners who want to reflect, refresh and develop their skills
Our Research Degrees
Develop cutting-edge research skills under the supervision of one of our expert staff members with one of our Theatre postgraduate courses. You'll benefit from expert guidance and opportunities to apply your knowledge, helping you achieve your career ambitions
This program offers a unique opportunity to design a bespoke programme of research in a department with a strong international reputation for research excellence. This degree offers the flexibility to undertake a written thesis or a combination of practice as research and written component
This program offers a unique opportunity to undertake original and independent research at a leading department in its field, known for its internationalism and innovation. This degree offers the flexibility to undertake a written thesis or a combination of practice as research and written component
- AHRC Midlands4Cities funding for UK/EU studentsLink opens in a new window
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship SchemeLink opens in a new window
- British Academy Postdoctoral FellowshipsLink opens in a new window
How to Apply
- You should start by checking whether your proposal fits in with our areas of expertise on our research and people pages.
- You should then complete our informal research degree enquiry form, providing a short CV and a brief outline of your research area.
- We would then put you in touch with potential supervisors to discuss and develop your proposal.
- After those discussions, if we're happy that the research fits with the department and the supervisor, we'll then invite you to formally apply onlineLink opens in a new window