Links and resources
Here are some useful links:
- The Gnu Scientific Library Reference Manual GSL is extremely useful and contains all kinds of special functions and algorithms ready to run out of the box.
- Multistep formulae on Wikipedia.
- If you are masochistic enough to want to use gnuplot this site of gnuplot tips is essential.
- Stiff Differential Equations - an illustrative discussion from MathWorks.
- Stiff equations on Scholarpedia.
- Lecture notes on characteristics and wave equations from Stanford - excellent discussion of the mathematics underlying the Method of Characteristics in the second chapter.
- D'Alembert's solution of the wave equation from Alan Hood's PDE's notes