We ran a number of one day conferences and workshops. The content and outcomes can be found below.
COST AND RESPONSIBILITY SHARING WORKSHOP (September 2010)
Details to be posted.
EUROPEAN ANIMAL HEALTH AND WELFARE WORKSHOP (June 2010)
This was an informal workshop by invitation only on 4th June 2010 at Warwick with French collaborators and DEFRA staff to discuss the national interpretations of the EU legal framework for animal health and welfare.
'Implications for Regulation: Lessons from Biopesticides', a presentation by Dr Justin Greaves, University of Warwick, 4th June 2010
BOVINE TUBERCULOSIS WORKSHOPS (May 2010)
We held two public workshops on bovine tuberculosis on 12 and 13 May 2010 at Wellesborne: Bovine Tuberculosis: People, Politics and Culture, and Bovine Tuberculosis: Hosts, Pathogens and Environments.
- Framing the Bovine TB issue: the lessons of history, Professor Wyn Grant
- Too much evidence, too little policy? Competing knowledge claims and Bovine TB control, Dr Katy Wilkinson
- Badgers and bovine TB: Coverage of a messy science/policy controversy in the UK press, Dr Angela Cassidy
- Living with bovine tuberculosis, Dr Gareth Endicott
- Bovine TB: Epidemiology and Ecology of a Multi-Host Disease, Professor Christl Donnelly
- Bovine tuberculosis - exploiting host and pathogen genetics, Dr Robin Skuce
REGULATING INFECTIOUS DISEASE IN THE 21ST CENTURY: THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT AND STAKEHOLDERS (September 2009)
Details to be posted
ANIMAL WELFARE POLICY WORKSHOP (May 2009)
We held a public workshop on 6th May 2009 at Wellesborne to discuss what animal welfare entails, especially in the context of infectious disease control.
- Animal Welfare: Prospects and Possibilities, a presentation by Professor Robert Garner to the GoLD Animal Welfare Policy workshop, Warwick HRI, 6th May 2009
- Dairy Cow Health (and Welfare): a Cause for Concern? Mission impossible?, a presentation by Professor Martin Green and Assoc Prof Jon Huxley to the GoLD Animal Welfare Policy workshop, Warwick HRI, 6th May 2009
- Farm Animal Welfare: A Regulatory History, a presentation by Dr Abigail Woods to the GoLD Animal Welfare Policy workshop, Warwick HRI, 6th May 2009
GOVERNANCE OF LIVESTOCK DISEASE WORKSHOP (March 2009)
We ran a 1/2 day workshop at the Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine in April 2009 at Imperial College, London.