The Global Professionals Profiler (GPP) is an academically robust Global Fitness indicator tool that reveals key planning and development information in relation to Global Fitness so that you can meet the demands of today's VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) globalising world. It measures 3 key areas of intercultural competence:
- Intercultural vitality (the personal qualities needed for working in global contexts)
- Intercultural understanding (awareness of & sensitivity to own & others' beliefs/values, patterns of behaviour, and systems/regulations)
- Intercultural skilfulness (competence in communicating, collaborating and leading in multicultural and global contexts)
|Benefits for Organizations/Managers||Benefits for Individuals|
|Assesses and maps:
||Helps you to:
The GPP takes the Global Fitness Program as its conceptual foundation, allowing three broad aspects to be probed: Global Fitness Environment, Global Fitness Engagement Routines, and Global Fitness Outcome Goals.
Global Fitness Environment: These items allow organisations to ascertain how far they are offering the support that employees need to develop Global Fitness. Respondents rate items in two ways: 'Importance to me' AND 'My actual experience'
Global Fitness Engagement Routines: These items allow individuals and organisations to ascertain how far they are taking advantage of the opportunities available for building Global Fitness.Respondents rate items in two ways: 'Importance to me' AND 'My actual experience'
Global Fitness Outcome Goals: These items allow individuals and organisations to ascertain how far they are confident in their Global Fitness skills and attributes. Respondents rate items in two ways: 'Importance to me' AND 'Ease of handling'. Items cover the following facets:
- The personal strengths and qualities needed for working in a VUCA world
- Understanding of, and interest in, the ways in which culture affects global working (e.g. see chart below)
- Achieving effective communication
- Building good team/group relations (e.g. see chart below)
- Managing staff sensitively and effectively
- Global leadership
Example 1 of insights gained from GPP (based on real data)
Cultural Understanding and Interest
Example 2 of insights gained from GPP (based on real data)
Team/ Group Relations
For more information contact:
globalpeople at warwick dot ac dot uk