Exchanges the Interdisciplinary Research JournalLink opens in a new window (ISSN 2053-9665) is an open access, peer-reviewed and interdisciplinary academic research journal produced primarily by and for early career academic scholars around the world. Since 2013Link opens in a new window it has been facilitated by the IAS, publishing two regular issues annually, along with occasional additional special issues.
Dr Gareth J Johnson as Managing Editor-in-Chief spearheads and leads on all journal activities, and is supported by an international Editorial BoardLink opens in a new window. For all media interest, workshop requests, collaboration or prospective contributor enquiries, please contact the Editor-in-ChiefLink opens in a new window directly.
Funder Compliance & Policies
As a diamond open accessLink opens in a new window (non-fee charging) journal Exchanges is compliantLink opens in a new window with most/all open access funder mandates and requirements for research assessment. Where an author may be unsure of compliance, we are happy to seek to accommodate additional requirements to the best of our abilities.
Exchanges also maintains operational policiesLink opens in a new window with respect to: selection, open access, author rights, peer review, AI contributions, contributor conduct, funding model, corrections and data protection.
- Textiles & Design Research - New podcast episodeLink opens in a new window (May #'23)
- Reflections on the Publication Strategies & Metrics PanelLink opens in a new window (May '23)
- Contributor Conduct Policy IntroducedLink opens in a new window (May '23)
- Introducing Book Reviews: New Submission FormatLink opens in a new window (May '23)
- Spring '23 Issue Published: Volume 10 Number 3Link opens in a new window (May '23)
- Presidential History & Digital Pedagogies - New podcast episodeLink opens in a new window (May '23)
Highlights of recent news and updates relating to the journal are shown here.
Calls for papers and opportunities for authors and editors also appear on our announcementsLink opens in a new window page.
Social media users can follow our social media presences. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the monthly Exchanges email newsletterLink opens in a new window.