Post Graduate Award
I have recently undertaken the Post Graduate Award: Introduction to Academic and Professional Practice module which helps improve teaching ability.
The course involves gathering evidence from the teaching I have been doing, and will be undertaking, to produce a portfolio demonstrating the skills that I learnt during this course.
The evidence required includes:
- Observations, both of myself by a mentor, and also my own observations of an experierenced colleague.
- Proof of feedback to students, and then the students feedback of my teaching.
- The ability to plan a session
- The outside study of different teaching techniques.
- Reflections on what I have learnt during this module.
The LDC Board of Examiner's met on Tuesday 24 March 2009, and awarded me with the Postgraduate Award: Introduction to Academic and Professional Practice