Humanitarian Engineering spans a broad range of disciplines and is ideal for students who are looking to explore all the professional and disciplinary facets of humanitarian challenges.
The Postgraduate Award, Certificate and Diploma are specially designed to support professional development for those already working in the field or interested in humanitarian engineering. Making time for work, family, and friends is important so take advantage of our flexibility. Each module will run intensively over one week, offering the flexibility to fit in around other commitments and tailored to your personal interests or development requirements. You can select from as few as 2 modules, up to 8 modules, depending on the award you complete.
Postgraduate Award PGA (30 credits)
Select any combination of core and optional modules for 30 credits (2 modules).
Postgraduate Certificate PGC (60 credits)
Take any combination of core modules for 60 credits (4 modules) or any combination including a maximum of 30 credits of optional modules.
Postgraduate Diploma PGD (120 credits)
Complete all core modules for 90 credits, and any combination of optional modules for 30 credits (2 modules).
Which modules will you select?
- ES99A-15 Humanitarian Engineering: Ethics, Theory and Practices
- ES99B-15 An Introduction to Global Health
- ES99C-15 Water and Environmental Management
- ES99D-15 One Humanity; Shared Responsibility
- ES99E-15 Urban Resilience, Disasters and Data
- ES99F-15 Renewable Energy
- ES99G-15 Humanitarian Law
- ES99H-15 Sustainable Cities and Infrastructures for Emergencies
- ES99I-15 Sustainable Operations and Humanitarian Supply Chains
- IL926-15 Public Engagement
Making time for work, family, and friends is important, so take advantage of our flexibility.
Complete our Postgraduate Award with as little as 10 days attendance requirements
The Postgraduate Award, Certificate, and Diploma are especially flexible both in terms of how you study but also what and when you study.