If you’re thinking about applying for a postgraduate course at Warwick, here’s how our application process works. Our Postgraduate Admissions Team can provide you with individual support throughout your application.
1. Research your chosen area
- Find out as much as possible about your chosen course or research idea. For PhD students, please see our PhD application page.
- Browse our A-Z list of Taught Courses and Research Degrees, visit our campus and facilities or contact an academic department directly.
- You can apply for as many postgraduate courses as you want, but if more than one application is successful you can only accept a place on one full-time course. (If you’re applying for a WMG taught course, you should only make one application.)
2. Apply online
- You can apply for most postgraduate courses online via our Postgraduate Application form. There’s a different application process for the Warwick MBA and the Doctor of Business Administration. PGCE applications have to go through UCAS Teacher Training, apart from International PGCE applications, which should be made via the Postgraduate Application form. And if you want to study for an MA in Social Work or MBChB you should apply through UCAS.
- If you are applying for a postgraduate taught course, you will need to pay the application assessment fee of £55 now.
- If you are applying for a postgraduate research course, you will not need to pay an application assessment fee.
- Be sure to include an email address for your referee(s) as we will contact them for you.
We typically ask for one academic reference for postgraduate taught and two academic references for postgraduate research courses.
3. Upload your documents
- We will email you with a link to upload your documents online.
- If you have not taken an English language test at the point of application, then your result can be submitted at a later date.
- Transcripts from your university-level study
- Research proposal (if you are a MPhil or PhD student)
- Personal statement
- English language proficiency (if available).
4. We will email you with a decision
Please be aware that your application will be considered by an academic selector or a qualified member of the Postgraduate Admissions Service.
5. If you are successful in receiving an offer, please reply
Details of your conditions will be given in your offer email.
- If you have been made a conditional offer, please meet your conditions as soon as possible.
- If requested in your offer email, pay the deposit within the time stated.
Email our Postgraduate Admissions Team
Call us on +44 (0) 24 7652 4585
Fax us on +44 (0) 24 7652 4649
Write to us at:
University of Warwick
If you’re a UK or EU resident, there are no application deadlines for postgraduate taught courses. But places are limited, so you should submit your application as early as possible.
If you’re from outside the EU, you may need to get a student visa. To make sure you have time to do this, the application deadline is 31 July for courses that start in September.
Some departments have earlier deadlines – so you should check the information in the Essential Information for each course.