Post doctoral research associate
Currently there is no postdoc position available.
There are a number of post-doctoral fellowship opportunities in the UK on the competitive basis. We are happy to support strong applicants for these fellowships. For more information, see "General Fellowship Openings" below.
School of Engineering MPhil/PhD Scholarship Scheme
PhD in Engineering
General Fellowship Openings
If you are looking for independent post-doctoral opportunities, listed here are some links to prestigious fellowships in the UK in general. These fellowships are competitive and often require the explicit support of a host institution. If you feel qualified to apply and would like to discuss the possibility, please contact Dr. H. Sadeghi or Dr. S Sangtarash well in advance (at least two months) of the deadlines stated on these external pages. Advance notice is needed to ensure any application meets the (earlier) internal University deadlines.
- Newton International Fellowships (2 years), for non-UK candidates to conduct research in the UK (i.e., UK citizens and people already working / studying / conducting research in the UK are not eligible)
- Research Fellowships in Science and Engineering from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 (3 years)
- Leverhume Trust Early Career Fellowship (3 years) For early career researchers, with a research record but who have not yet held a full-time permanent academic post.
- ERC Marie Curie Actions, providing a range of funding options for different career stages, duration, and context
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships (3 years)
Advanced Postdoctoral Fellowships
- UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships (7 years)
- EPSRC Early Career Fellowships (5 years)
- Royal Society schemes, in particular the University Research Fellowship (5 years)
- Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowships (5 years)
- Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship (5 years)
- Starting Grants of the European Research Council (up to 5 years)