We are looking for highly motivated Postdoctoral researchers and PhD students. For more info, feel free to contact Dr. SadeghiLink opens in a new window or Dr. SangtarashLink opens in a new window
Post doctoral research associate
Currently there is no postdoc position available.
There are a number of post-doctoral fellowship opportunities in the UK on the competitive basis. We are happy to support strong applicants for these fellowships. For more information, see "General Fellowship Openings" below.
Engineering Flash Graphene for Novel Low-Cost Plastic Recycling Technology
A fully-funded PhD studentship is available in the Device Modelling group at University of Warwick through NERC CENTA CDT on a competative basis and will cover University fees at the UK rate, a maintenance stipend (provisionally £17,800/yr) for 3 years and research training support. More inforamation is available here.
PhD studentship in quantum transport through molecular structures for energy conversion applications
A fully-funded PhD studentship is available in the Device Modelling group at University of Warwick to be started on October 2022 or January 2023 and will cover University fees at the UK rate, a maintenance stipend (provisionally £17,800/yr) for 3 years and research training support.
The aim of the project is to exploit electronic properties of nanoscale materials to discover and design new materials for nanoelectronic applications. The ultimate goal of the research is to understand quantum transport through molecular structure such as single molecules, self-assembled monolayers, graphene nanoribbons and van der Waals heterostructures for functional quantum devices. The candidate will receive a broad training on computational materials modelling and gain experience with cutting edge quantum transport simulation methods, conduct a vibrant research project with high publication potential and would have an opportunity to conduct collaborative projects with internationally leading experimental groups in the UK, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for an enthusiastic student with a first-class or 2.1 honours degree at BSc or MSc in physical science or engineering disciplines and a strong interest in computational materials modelling. Experience with molecular scale simulation is desirable but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV including your BSc or MSc GPAs, a list of all publications and contact information for two references by email to Dr. Sara Sangtarash (Sara.Sangtarash@warwick.ac.uk).
School of Engineering MPhil/PhD Scholarship Scheme
PhD in Engineering
General Fellowship Openings
If you are looking for independent post-doctoral opportunities, listed here are some links to prestigious fellowships in the UK in general. These fellowships are competitive and often require the explicit support of a host institution. If you feel qualified to apply and would like to discuss the possibility, please contact Dr. H. SadeghiLink opens in a new window or Dr. S SangtarashLink opens in a new window well in advance (at least two months) of the deadlines stated on these external pages. Advance notice is needed to ensure any application meets the (earlier) internal University deadlines.
- Newton International FellowshipsLink opens in a new window (2 years), for non-UK candidates to conduct research in the UK (i.e., UK citizens and people already working / studying / conducting research in the UK are not eligible)
- Research Fellowships in Science and EngineeringLink opens in a new window from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 (3 years)
- Leverhume Trust Early Career FellowshipLink opens in a new window (3 years) For early career researchers, with a research record but who have not yet held a full-time permanent academic post.
- ERC Marie Curie ActionsLink opens in a new window, providing a range of funding options for different career stages, duration, and context
- EPSRC Postdoctoral FellowshipsLink opens in a new window (3 years)
Advanced Postdoctoral Fellowships
- UKRI Future Leaders FellowshipsLink opens in a new window (7 years)
- EPSRC Early Career FellowshipsLink opens in a new window (5 years)
- Royal SocietyLink opens in a new window schemes, in particular the University Research FellowshipLink opens in a new window (5 years)
- Royal Academy of Engineering Research FellowshipsLink opens in a new window (5 years)
- Dorothy Hodgkin FellowshipLink opens in a new window (5 years)
- Starting GrantsLink opens in a new window of the European Research Council (up to 5 years)