This page is a stock-take of what I have achieved academically so far while on the PhD program here at Warwick University. You have probably already read my interests on the home page.
Seminars and lectures frequented
(at Warwick unless otherwise stated)
- The Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems seminar (ETDS).
- The Geometry and Topology seminar (G&T).
- The junior Geometry and Topology seminar (GATEWAY).
- Regular attendance at the PGS (Postgraduate Seminar).
- TCC (Taught Course Centre) and MMath courses taken so far:
a) Differential Geometry (MMath - Peter Topping).
b) Dimensions and Embeddings in Analysis (TCC - James Robinson).
c) Geometric Group Theory (MMath - Brian Bowditch).
d) Introduction to 3-manifolds (TCC - Saul Schleimer).
e) The Riemann Hypothesis (TCC - Robert Mackay).
f) Perculation Theory (TCC - Balint Toth).
- Participation in various geometry/topology reading groups participated in so far:
a) Hyperbolic Knot Theory by Jessica Purcell.
b) Geometry of the Mapping Class Groups I: Boundary Amenability by Ursula Hammenstädt.
Conferences and special events attended
- Introduction to Geometry, Dynamics, and Moduli in low dimensions. LMS-CMI Research School. Warwick, 11-15 September 2017.
- The Geometry and Topology of Teichmüller Space. Guest lectures at Warwick, 14-15 March 2018.
- Workshop on Teichmüller Dynamics. Warwick, 19-23rd March 2018.
- LMS Meeting (in Honour of Maryam Mirzakhani). Warwick, 22nd March 2018.
- One day Ergodic Theory Meeting. Warwick, 26th March 2018.
- PAD (Probability, Analysis and Dynamics). University of Bristol, 2-4 April 2018.
- IMA Higher Education Teaching and Learning Workshop. Warwick, 18 April 2018.
- Analytic Methods in Dynamical Systems. Imperial College London, 16-18 May 2018.
- BMC (British Mathematical Colloquium). University of St. Andrews, 11-14th June 2018.
- Ergodic Theory Meeting. University of St. Andrews, 14th June 2018. Team Working in a Research Environment. Research skills event. Warwick, 19-21st June 2018.
- Summer School in Dynamics (Introductory and Advanced). The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, 16-27th July 2018.
- Ergodic Theory Meeting, Queen Mary University London, 28th November 2018.
Qualifications so far
Graduated July 2017 with the MMath from the University of Warwick.
To date I have only given one full length talk:
The mystery of triviality of the prehomogeneous fibre bundle,
given at GATEWAY (Warwick junior topology and geometry seminar), 8th October 2018.