Dr Marie-Therese Wolfram
Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
Teaching Responsibilities 2018/19 Applied PDE models in the life and social sciences at the TU Munich, see GitLab page
Research Interests: Partial differential equations, mathematicl modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, numerical analysis
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B: Methodological, 45(10), 1572-1589, 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, M. Di Francesco, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, Mean field games with nonlinear mobilities in pedestrian dynamics, Discrete and Dynamical Systems - B, 19(5), 1311-1333, 2014
- M. Burger, S. Hittmeir, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Lane formation by side-stepping, SIAM Math. Anal., 48(2), 981-1005, 2016.
- M. Burger, A. Lorz, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type model for knowledge growth, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 76(5), 1799-1818, 2016.
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, Journal of Nonlinear Science 27(2), 2016.
- S. Gomes, A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Parameter estimation for macroscopic pedestrian dynamics models from microscopic data, submitted, 2018.
- Colloquium, TU Eindhoven, Feb 13, 2019, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Co-organizer of a Mir@W day on 'Modelling and calibration of pedestrian dynamics', at the University of Warwick, Feb 25th, 2019, Warwick, UK.
- Analysis Seminar, University of Bath, March 7, 2019, Bath, UK.
- Speaker at 'Women in Mathematics Day', March 12, Queen Mary University, UK.
- Co-organizer of a mini-symposium on 'Recent advances in PDE models describing emergent behavior and collective dynamics', British Applied Mathematics Colloquium, April 24-26, 2019, Bath, UK.
- Speaker at a mini-symposium on 'Optimal transport in the analysis of signals and images', British Applied Math Colloquium, April 24-26, 2019, Bath, UK.
- Speaker at a workshop on 'Data assimilation: methodology and applications', Centre de Recherches Mathematique (CRM), May 15-17, 2019 Montreal, Canada.
- Speaker at the 8th workshop on 'Parallel-in-Time Integration', May 20-24, 2019, IAS Bielefeld, Germany.
- Speaker at summer school on 'Trails in kinetic theory: foundational aspects and numerical methods', Junior Trimester Program on Kinetic Theory, May 20-24, 2019, HIM Bonn, Germany.
- Co-organizer of a CIRM workshop on 'Crowds: models and control', June 3-7, 2019, CIRM, Marseille, France.
- Co-organizer of an ICIAM mini-symposium on 'Modeling and calibration in pedestrian dynamics', ICIAM, July 15-19, 2019, Valencia, Spain.
- Speaker at workshop on 'Recent advances in nonlocal kinetic, fluid and diffusive PDEs', August 19-23, 2019, Jeju Island, South Korea.
- Speaker at a workshop on 'Emergent phenomena - from kinetic models to social hydrodynamics', held within IMS thematic program on 'Quantum and Kinetic Problems: Modeling, Analysis, Numerics and Applications', Dec 16-20, 2019, IMS, Singapore.
- Co-organizer of a BIRS-CMO workshop on 'Kinetic Equations: Recent Developments and Novel Applications', CMO Oaxaca, Mexico, 2020
- Royal Society International Exchanges on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, 2017-2020
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', funded by the EPSRC, 2017-2019
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences' funded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2020
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
Recent awards & prizes: Member of the directorial board of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences)