Dr Marie-Therese Wolfram
Associate Professor (Reader)
Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
Teaching Responsibilities 2019/20:
Research Interests: Applied partial differential equations, mathematical modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, inverse problems.
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B 45(10), 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, L. Cafferelli, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type price formation model, Proc. R. Soc. A, 469(2157), 20130126, 2013
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, JNLS 27(2), 2016.
- S. Gomes, A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Parameter estimation for macroscopic pedestrian dynamics models from microscopic data, SIAP 79(4)., 2019.
- A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Inverse optimal transport, SIAP 80(1), 2020.
- Speaker at conference on 'Interacting particle systems, nonlocal evolution equations and applications', Oxford, June 2020 (postponed), 2020
- Participant at MFO workshop on 'Variational methods for evolution', Oberwolfach, Sept 13-19, 2020
- Speaker at workshop on 'Social dynamics beyond vehicle autonomy', IPAM, UCLA, Nov 30 - Dec 4, 2020
- Co-organiser of a CMO/BIRS workshop on 'Kinetic equations: recent developments and novel applications', CMO Oaxaca, postponed
- Speaker at an ICMS workshop on 'Diffusive patterns: pattern formation, birfurcations and biological applications', ICMS Edinburgh, Sept 6-10, 2021
- Speaker at workshop on 'PDE constrained Bayesian inversion', ESI Vienna, postponed to 2022
- Royal Society International Exchanges on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, 2017-2020
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', funded by the EPSRC, 2017-2019
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences' funded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2020
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
- Member of the directorial board of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences)
- Associate editor of Transactions of Mathematics and its Applications, Kinetic and Related Models and SN Partial Differential Equations and Applications.
- Editor of Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Physik