Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
Teaching Responsibilities 2021/22:
I am co-organising PDE and Applications seminar
Research Interests: Applied partial differential equations, mathematical modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, inverse problems.
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B 45(10), 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, L. Cafferelli, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type price formation model, Proc. R. Soc. A, 469(2157), 20130126, 2013
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, JNLS 27(2), 2016.
- S. Gomes, A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Parameter estimation for macroscopic pedestrian dynamics models from microscopic data, SIAP 79(4)., 2019.
- A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Inverse optimal transport, SIAP 80(1), 2020.
- WCMP/HetSys Seminar, University of Warwick, 6 June, 2022
- SFB Colloquium, University of Potsdam, 16 June, 2022
- Speaker at ICMS workshop 'From individual to collective behaviour in biological and robotic systems', ICMS Edinburgh, 27 Jun - 1 July, 2022
- Mini-symposium organiser and speaker at Equadiff 15, Brno, Czech Republic, 11-15 July, 2022
- Speaker at workshop on 'Nonlinear evolutionary equations and applications', TU Chemnitz, Germany, 6-9 Sep, 2022
- Speaker at workshop on 'Gradient Flows: Face to Face', University of L'Aquila, 12-15 Sep, 2022
- Co-organiser of a BIRS/CMO workshop on 'Kinetic equations: recent developments and novel applications', CM Oaxaca, 30 Oct - 4 Nov, 2022.
- Member of the scientific committee of a CIRM workshop on 'Kinetic Theory', CIRM Marseilles, 14-18 Nov, 2022.
- Royal Society International Exchange on 'Kinetic opinion formation models for digital sciences', with M. Zanella, Royal Soc, 2022-2024
- Royal Society International Exchange on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, Royal Soc, 2017-2020
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', EPSRC, 2017-2019
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences', Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2020
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
- Member of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences)
- Member of the London Mathematical Society, the European Mathematical Society and the European Women in Mathematics
- Member of the Applications and Interdisciplinary Relations (CAIR) committee of the European Mathematical Society
- Associate editor of Transactions of Mathematics and its Applications, Kinetic and Related Models and SN Partial Differential Equations and Applications.
- Editor of Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Physik