Dr Marie-Therese Wolfram
Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
I am on leave til the end of the year holding an August-Wilhelm Scheer visiting professorship at the TU Munich.
Teaching Responsibilities 2017/18:
Term 1: MA3J4 Mathematical Modelling and PDEs
Research Interests: Partial differential equations, mathematicl modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, numerical analysis
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B: Methodological, 45(10), 1572-1589, 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, M. Di Francesco, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, Mean field games with nonlinear mobilities in pedestrian dynamics, Discrete and Dynamical Systems - B, 19(5), 1311-1333, 2014
- M. Burger, S. Hittmeir, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Lane formation by side-stepping, SIAM Math. Anal., 48(2), 981-1005, 2016.
- M. Burger, A. Lorz, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type model for knowledge growth, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 76(5), 1799-1818, 2016.
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, accepted at Journal of Nonlinear Science, 2016.
- Lecturer at an IPAM summer school on 'Mean field games', June 18-29, IPAM, Los Angeles, USA.
- Co-organizer of a mini-symposium at the IFIP TC 7 on 'Inverse problems and optimal control approaches in socio-economic applications', with J.F. Pietschmann, July 23-27, 2018, Essen, Germany
- Plenary speaker at the workshop on 'Asymptotic behavior of systems of PDE arising in physics and biology: theoretical and numerical points of view', August 28-31, Lille, France.
- Co-organizer of an ICMS workshop on 'Gradient flows: Challenges and new directions', with B. Duering, C.B. Schoenlieb and Y. van Gennip, September 10-14 2018, ICMS Edinburgh, UK.
- Speaker at UMI-SIMAI-PTM mini-symposium on 'Mathematical Modeling for Complex Systems: Seeking New Frontiers', September 17-20, 2018 Worclaw, Poland.
- Speaker at a workshop on 'Applied Mathematics and Simulation for Semiconductor Devices', October 8-10, 2018 WIAS Berlin, Germany.
- Participant at an MFO workshop on 'Emergence of Structures in Particle Systems: Mechanics, Analysis and Computation', October 28-Nov 3 2018 Oberwolfach, Germany
- Speaker at a workshop on 'Data assimilation: methodology and applications', Centre de Recherches Mathematique (CRM), Montreal, Canada May 15-17, 2019.
- Co-organizer of a CIRM workshop on 'Crowds: models and control', June 3-7, 2019, CIRM, Marseille, France
- Royal Society International Exchanges on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, 2017-2019
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', funded by the EPSRC, 2017-2018
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences' funded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2017
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
Recent awards & prizes: Member of the directorial board of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences)