Dr Marie-Therese Wolfram
Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
Teaching Responsibilities 2019/20:
Term 1: MA3J4 Mathematical modelling with PDE, Term 1
Research Interests: Partial differential equations, mathematical modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, numerical analysis
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B: Methodological, 45(10), 1572-1589, 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, L. Cafferelli, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type price formation model, Proc. R. Soc. A, 469(2157), 20130126, 2013
- M. Burger, A. Lorz, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type model for knowledge growth, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 76(5), 1799-1818, 2016.
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, JNLS 27(2), 2016.
- S. Gomes, A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Parameter estimation for macroscopic pedestrian dynamics models from microscopic data, accepted at SIAM J. Appl. Math., 2019.
- Speaker at a workshop on 'Emergent phenomena - from kinetic models to social hydrodynamics', held within IMS thematic program on 'Quantum and Kinetic Problems: Modeling, Analysis, Numerics and Applications', Dec 16-20, 2019, IMS, Singapore.
- Organiser and speaker at mini-symposia at SIAM Conference on Analysis of Partial Differential Equations PD19, La Quinta, California, Dec 2019
- Invited speaker at the 'Dynamics Days US', Jan 3-5, 2020, Hartfort, US.
- Speaker at ESI workshop on 'PDE-constrained Bayesian inverse UQ', Erwin Schroedinger Institute, Vienna, Austria May 2020
- Co-organizer of a BIRS-CMO workshop on 'Kinetic Equations: Recent Developments and Novel Applications', CMO Oaxaca, Mexico, May 2020
- Royal Society International Exchanges on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, 2017-2020
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', funded by the EPSRC, 2017-2019
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences' funded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2020
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
- Member of the directorial board of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences)
- Associate editor of Transactions of Mathematics and its Applications, Kinetic and Related Models and SN Partial Differential Equations and Applications.