Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
Term 1: MA265 Methods for Mathematical Modelling 3
Office hours: Monday 3-4 and Friday 10-11 from week 3 term 1 on
Research Interests: Applied partial differential equations, mathematical modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, inverse problems.
- Speaker at workshop on 'Numerical methods for optimal transport problems, mean field games and multi-agent dynamics', Valpariso, Chile, 8-12 Jan 2024
- Speaker at workshop on 'Interacting particle systems: analysis, control, learning and computation', ICERM Brown University US, 6-10 May 2024
- Member of the scientific committee for the workshop on 'Optimal transport', Corisca, 8-12 April, 2024
- Speaker at EWM-EMS Summer School on 'Kinetic Theory Arising from Mathematical Biology', Mittag Leffler, Stockholm Sweden, 1-5 July 2024
- Plenary speaker at IFIP T7 'System Modeling and Optimisation', Hamburg, Germany, August 12-16, 2024
- Co-organiser of an ICMS workshop on 'Kinetic theory', ICMS Edinburgh, Sept 23-27, 2024
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B 45(10), 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, L. Cafferelli, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type price formation model, Proc. R. Soc. A, 469(2157), 20130126, 2013
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, JNLS 27(2), 2016.
- S. Gomes, A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Parameter estimation for macroscopic pedestrian dynamics models from microscopic data, SIAP 79(4)., 2019.
- A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Inverse optimal transport, SIAP 80(1), 2020.
Research grants & Prizes
- Whitehead Prize of the London Mathematical Society, 2023
- Small Grant on 'Online Inverse Optimal Transport for Learning Societal Flows', with A. Duncan, EPSRC, 2022-2023
- Royal Society International Exchange on 'Kinetic opinion formation models for digital sciences', with M. Zanella, Royal Soc, 2022-2024
- Royal Society International Exchange on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, Royal Soc, 2017-2020
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', EPSRC, 2017-2019
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences', Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2020
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
- Member of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences) from 2014-2022
- Member of the London Mathematical Society, the European Mathematical Society and the European Women in Mathematics
- Member of the Applications and Interdisciplinary Relations (CAIR) committee of the European Mathematical Society
- Associate editor: Transactions of Mathematics and its Applications, Kinetic and Related Models, SN Partial Differential Equations and Applications.
- Editor: Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, Physica D