Phone: +44 (0)24 761 50041
Teaching Responsibilities 2022/23:
Term 2: MA953 Topics in PDEs
Office hour in Term 1:Thursday 17:00-18:00
Research Interests: Applied partial differential equations, mathematical modeling in socio-economic applications and the life sciences, inverse problems.
A. Lachapelle, M.T. Wolfram, On a mean field game approach modeling congestion and aversion in pedestrian crowds , Trans. Res.: Part B 45(10), 2011
M. Burger, B. Schlake, M.T. Wolfram, Nonlinear Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations for ion flux through confined geometries, Nonlinearity, 25, 961-990, 2012
- M. Burger, L. Cafferelli, P.A. Markowich, M.T. Wolfram, On a Boltzmann type price formation model, Proc. R. Soc. A, 469(2157), 20130126, 2013
- M. Bruna, M. Burger, H. Ranetbauer, M.T. Wolfram, Cross-diffusion systems with excluded volume effects and asymptotic gradient flows, JNLS 27(2), 2016.
- S. Gomes, A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Parameter estimation for macroscopic pedestrian dynamics models from microscopic data, SIAP 79(4)., 2019.
- A. Stuart, M.T. Wolfram, Inverse optimal transport, SIAP 80(1), 2020.
- Speaker at Mir@W day on 'Optimal transport and machine learning', Warwick, 23 Jan, 2022
- SFB 1060 Seminar, University of Bonn, 24 January, 2022
- Speaker at workshop on 'Purpose-driven particle systems', Lorentz Centre Leiden, 13-17 March, 2023.
- Organiser of a mini-symposium at the SIAM CSE, Amsterdam, 26 Feb-3 March, 2023
- Speaker at the INI-ATI workshop on 'Modelling, Analysis, and Inference for Digital Twins', ATI London, 29-30 March, 2023
- Participant at INI program on 'Mathematical and statistical foundation of future data driven engineering', Newton Institute, Jan to June 2023
- Participant at workshop on 'Topics in Neuroscience, Collective Migration and Parameter Estimation', Oxford UK, 3-7 July 2023
- Participant at MFO workshop on 'Classical and Quantum Mechanical Models of Many-Particle Systems', MFO, Germany, 3-9 Sep 2023
- Speaker at ICMS workshop on 'Modelling diffusive systems', ICMS Edinburgh, Sept 11-15, 2023.
- Co-organiser of a EPSRC network meeting on 'PDE meets Data', Warwick, 18-19 Sept, 2023.
- Small Grant on 'Online Inverse Optimal Transport for Learning Societal Flows', with A. Duncan, EPSRC, 2022-2023
- Royal Society International Exchange on 'Kinetic opinion formation models for digital sciences', with M. Zanella, Royal Soc, 2022-2024
- Royal Society International Exchange on 'Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear PDE Models for Crowd Motion', with A. Stuart, Royal Soc, 2017-2020
- First Grant on 'Boltzmann-type and mean-field models in socio-economic applications', EPSRC, 2017-2019
- New Frontiers Group on 'Multiscale modelling and simulation of crowded transport in the life and social sciences', Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2014-2020
- Hertha Firnberg Project on 'Computational mean field games and applications', Austrian Science Fund FWF, 2010-2013
- Member of the Young Academy (Austrian Academy of Sciences) from 2014-2022
- Member of the London Mathematical Society, the European Mathematical Society and the European Women in Mathematics
- Member of the Applications and Interdisciplinary Relations (CAIR) committee of the European Mathematical Society
- Associate editor of Transactions of Mathematics and its Applications, Kinetic and Related Models and SN Partial Differential Equations and Applications.
- Editor of Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Physik