26-30 September 2016
Organisers: Charles Fefferman (Princeton), James Robinson (Warwick), José Rodrigo (Warwick)
Scientific summary: The interface between Partial Differential Equations and Fluid Mechanics is a vast area that encompasses both theoretical and applied mathematics as well as multiple other areas in science and engineering. The importance of problems in mathematical fluid dynamics within mathematics as a whole has been highlighted by the choice of the global well-posedness of 3D Navier-Stokes as one of the seven Millenium Problems for which the Clay Mathematics Institute has offered one million dollars. Our main focus in this workshop will be on theoretical aspects of incompressible Fluid Mechanics, with special emphasis on the three-dimensional Euler and Navier-Stokes equations and the relationship between the two models.
- Claude Bardos (Paris)
- Yann Brenier (École Polytechnique)
- Jean-Yves Chemin (Université Pierre et Marie Curie)
- Antoine Choffrut (Warwick)
- Diego Córdoba (ICMAT - Madrid)
- David Gerard-Varet (Université Paris Diderot)
- John Gibbon (Imperial College)
- Robert Jerrard (Toronto)
- Robert Kerr (Warwick)
- Gabriel Koch (University of Sussex)
- Igor Kukavica (University of Southern California)
- Piotr Mucha (Warsaw)
- Koji Ohkitani (Sheffield)
- Benjamin Pooley (Warwick)
- Reimund Rautmann (Paderborn)
- Gregory Seregin (Oxford)
- Roman Shvydkoy (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Chuong Van Tran (St. Andrews)
- Luis Vega (Universidad del Pais Vasco & BCAM)
- Vlad Vicol (Princeton University)
- Emil Wiedemann (Leibniz University Hannover)
Titles and abstracts
Currently available titles and abstracts can be found here.
The current programme can be found here.
Where possible, visitors should obtain an EDUROAM account from their own university to enable internet access whilst at Warwick.
You can register for any of the symposia or workshops online. To see which registrations are currently open and to submit a registration, please click here.
Mathematics Research Centre
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL - UK