Warwick Guest is a self-service wireless network available to Conference Attendees, Short-Term Guests and Visitors to the University of Warwick and is free of charge.
Individuals holding University of Warwick IT login credentials (e.g. current staff and students, longer term visitors) are not allowed to use this service.
To access this service you will need a suitable notebook or handheld device equipped with a Wi-Fi standard wireless adapter. Most portable devices come with this type of network connectivity installed as standard.
Users of Warwick Guest are required to comply with:
- the University Regulation 31 Governing the use of University Computing Facilities
- the JANET Acceptable Use Policy
Attention should also be given to the University Privacy Notice which sets out the use of your personal data.
Registration for Warwick Guest is completely self-service. Once you connect your device to the Warwick Guest Wi-Fi, use a web browser to complete the registration process. Registration requires you to supply your name, email address and mobile telephone number. The logon details to access the system will require the supplied email address and a password which will be sent to the supplied mobile telephone number as an SMS text message.
Please click an option below that corresponds to the operating system of your device for a detailed guide on how to connect.
- Wireless network access is available within most University buildings
- The service provides internet access to users registered with the system
- Accounts are valid for a period of 7 days
- An account can be used on up to 3 devices
- Once a device is logged on, the user can move around campus for up to 24 hours with no further login prompt
- Devices are dynamically allocated an IPv4 address in a private address range
- The service supports most standard Internet accessible applications except those outlined under restrictions.
- The service supports VPN protocols which are advised for extra security
Certain restrictions are in place to protect the service delivery and to provide fair usage amongst the user population.
- Upload and Download speed is managed at 5Mbps in both directions
- IPv6 traffic is not currently supported
- The following represents a sample of traffic restrictions provided for indicative purposes (the list is not exhaustive);
- Peer to peer protocols
- File transfers to cloud based storage
- Gaming activity
- Connection of technology platforms not classed as an end user device
24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Occasional maintenance is required on the service and as such will often result in an ‘at risk’ period. Where possible this will occur to minimise disruption and be advertised on IT Services web pages.
- Not all University wireless services are available in all University locations.
- Due to the wide variety and varying quality of wireless connected devices, IT Services are not able to guarantee the service coverage and quality for all wireless enabled devices.
If you require further assistance please contact the ITS helpdesk on +44 (2476) 573737 or visit the ITS drop-in centre on the 1st floor of the University Library. Support of personal equipment is on a best endeavours basis due to the many types of systems that may be encountered.