Lecturer: Colm Connaughton (C dot P dot Connaughton at warwick dot ac dot uk)
Slack channel: http://mathsyscdt.slack.com (for questions, links and miscellaneous communications)
MS Teams channel: direct link (for online lectures and classes)
MA934 is five weeks long and runs from week 1 to week 5 (inclusive) of the Autumn term.
The information below is specific to the 2020/2021 academic year.
Mondays 1000 - 1200 via MS Teams
Tuesdays 1000 - 1200 via MS Teams in weeks 1 and 2, then from week 3 face-to-face in D1.07 (Complexity Seminar Room, Zeeman Building). This is assuming that local and national restrictions allow for face-to-face interaction.
Mondays 1300 - 1500 via MS Teams
Tuesdays 1300 - 1500 via MS Teams in weeks 1 and 2, then from week 3 face-to-face in D1.07 (Complexity Seminar Room, Zeeman Building). This is assuming that local and national restrictions allow for face-to-face interaction.
See the D1.07 calendar for updated information on classes.
Here is a link to the MS Teams channel for MA934
Oral examination (40%)
Written class test (40%)
There are some prepared notes for this module but probably not for all of it. I'll post what I have here. Please let me know about any errors or typos which you find.
- Notes 1 : Finite precision arithmetic, algorithms and computational complexity
- Notes 2 : Recursive functions and data structures
- Notes 3 : Interpolation, numerical derivatives and numerical integration
- Notes 4 : Root finding and optimisation
Some additional notes explaining the Golden Section Search properly: https://github.com/colm-connaughton/MA934-gss
- Notes 5 : Numerical linear algebra
- Notes 6 : Integration of differential equations
- Notes 7 : Dynamic programming and Dijkstra's algorithm
- Notes 8 : Fourier transforms
- Additional notes: https://github.com/MathSys-MA934/class-notes : Linear programming
- Jupyter notebooks containing the homework problems are available through github classroom accessible using the link provided in class.
- Deadline for submission of 1st assignment is 12:00 noon on Thursday 15 October.
- Deadline for submission of 2nd assignment is 12:00 noon on Thursday 29 October
- Class theory test will be at 13:00 on Monday 02 November.
- Vivas will be on Tuesday 03 November.