Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB) established in 1993 and is the leading private university in Bangladesh, with an explicit focus on research and global partnerships.
Professor Rahman is the Vice Chancellor, Dean of School of Public Health and Adjunct Professor of Epidemiology & Demography, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. He is the author of multiple peer-reviewed articles on a variety of health and population related subjects, and has edited three books and several chapters.
Professor Rahman's interests include
- higher education policy in the developing world
- professional outmigration and impact on homeland development
- health policy in developing countries
- public health approaches to mental health in the developing world
- social and kin networks and their impact on mental and physical health
- gender differences in ageing and development.
Professor Yusuf is the Dean of the School of Life Sciences and her expertise is in
- cancer research
- cell biology
The project leads are supported in Bangladesh by:
- Syed A.K Shifat Ahmed, Research Fellow
- Ornob Alam, Junior Research Associate and Lecturer
- Afreen Zaman Khan, Junior Research Associate and Lecturer
Our research in Bangladesh will be conducted in the Korail slum in Dhaka.
For more information about the Independent University Bangladesh, please follow this link