University of Ibadan
Established in 1948, the University of Ibadan started with 104 students and three faculties in Arts, Science and Medicine.
In the past six decades,the University has contributed significantly to the political, industrial, economic and cultural development of Nigeria.
The project lead in Nigeria is Professor Akinyinka Omigbodun, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the College of Medicine.
Professor Omigbodun's main research interests include:
- female reproductive tract cancers, especially screening for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and prevention of cervical cancer
- molecular mechanisms of placentation and relationship to trophoblastic tumours
- surgical safety
- medical education, surgical training and human resources for health
- population and public health, especially urban health
Professor Omigbodun is supported in Nigeria by the following team:
- Professor Eme Owoaje, Professor
- Dr Funke Fayehun, Medical Demography
- Dr Olalekan Taiwo, Geographer
- Doyin Odubanjo, Public Health Physician
- Motunrayo Ayobola, Research Fellow
- Biodun Aliu, Administrative support
- Funke Fowler, Administrative support
- Anjola Olanipekun, Administrative support
- Oludayo Tade Facilitator, Mapathon training
- Olumoyegun Joseph, Facilitator, Mapathon training & Supervisor, building footprint and ground truthing
- Addie Oluwaseun O, Facilitator, Mapathon training
- Areola Abiodun, Facilitator, Mapathon training
The Nigeria team are leading reasearch in three slum sites: Bariga in Lagos and Sasa and Idikan in Ibadan.
For more information about the University of Ibadan, please follow the attached link