Work Package 2
Household survey of health service use by slum residents
This work package is directly related to the first two objectives of the overall programme. Specific objectives for this work package are:
- To understand patterns of health service use, including equity of use, in slums.
- To obtain evidence on quality as well as quantity of services.
- To identify household costs associated with seeking health care.
A separate protocol is under construction concerning quality of care. The household survey will comprise three separate questionnaires:
- Household questionnaire to be completed by the head of household or other principle adult;
- Individual adult questionnaire to be completed by a randomly selected adult (18+) from within the household;
- Individual child questionnaire for a randomly selected child (12 or under) in the household, if one is resident, to be completed by a responsible adult.