Warwick has established a unique summer programme that enables International students and researchers to acquire new skills and knowledge that will help them to undertake university-level research. Completion of the programme leads to a Postgraduate Award in Scientific Research and Communication (F1PF).
Who is this programme aimed at?
- Students planning on undertaking research at high quality, research intensive universities, including the University of Warwick, for whom English is not their first language;
- Students who have or will have completed an undergraduate degree;
- Faculty from overseas universities who wish to improve their English language skills and research and communication skills during a summer programme in the UK.
This unique programme will enable participants to:
- Prepare to undertake high quality and demanding research in the world's best universities;
Significantly improve their research skills by working within Warwick's Doctoral Training Centre MOAC (Molecular Organisation and Assembly in Cells);
Benefit from being mentored by highly qualified postdoctoral researchers or senior postgraduate researchers from the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Medicine (through the completion of module CH956);
- Increase their knowledge of English culture and history;
- Enhance their English language ability and study skills specifically in the area of science and technology (through the completion of the module ET984);
Gain a qualification in Research and Communication from the University of Warwick; participants may be interested to find out more about the MSc in Scientific Research and Communication. This is for those planning to progress on to further research-based study.