Academic homepage of Francis Casson (F.J. Casson)
THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED (in fact, I am unable to edit it since 20 Jul 2011 )
If I create a new page, it will probably appear here
Currently: Currently: Researcher at CCFE
Former position: CFSA PhD Student
Former supervisor: Arthur Peeters
Topic: Turbulent transport in rotating tokamak plasmas
Background: Mathematical Physics MSci from The University of Nottingham
- Gyrokinetic theory and numerics (GKW)
- Anomalous transport of heat, impurities and momentum in tokamaks
- Strong rotation and non-inertial frames in tokamak plasmas
- Comparison of turbulence measurement and simulation
- High performance computing for gyrokinetics
- Gyrokinetic simulations including the centrifugal force in a rotating tokamak plasma
F.J. Casson, A.G. Peeters, C. Angioni, Y. Camenen, W.A. Hornsby, A.P. Snodin, and G. Szepesi
Physics of Plasmas, 17, 102305 (2010) (Abstract and Local Copy)
- Anomalous parallel momentum transport due to E x B ﬂow shear in a tokamak plasma
F.J. Casson, A.G. Peeters, Y. Camenen, W.A. Hornsby, A.P. Snodin, D. Strintzi and G. Szepesi
Physics of Plasmas, 16, 092303 (2009) (Abstract and Local Copy)
- The nonlinear gyro-kinetic flux tube code GKW
A.G. Peeters, Y. Camenen, F.J. Casson, W.A. Hornsby, A.P. Snodin, D. Strintzi and G. Szepesi
Computer Physics Communications, 180, 2650 (2009)
- Full List
Conferences and workshops
- Attended: Culham summer school July 2008
- Attended: Vienna WPI gyrokinetics workshop October 2008
- Attended: EFDA Goal orientated training in theory - Gyrokinetic theory and numerics IPP- November 2008
- Invited Talk: Warwick IOP satellite workshop 2009
"Anomalous momentum transport by symmetry breaking in tokamak plasmas"
- Contributed Talk: IOP Plasma Physics 2010
"Linear gyrokinetic simulations including the centrifugal force in a strongly rotating tokamak plasma"
- Talk: CCFE turbsim July 2010
"Gyrokinetic simulations including the centrifugal force in a strongly rotating tokamak plasma"
- Poster: INI Gyrokinetics workshop 2010
"Gyrokinetic simulations of a strongly rotating tokamak plasma"
- Invited Talk: Varenna-Lausanne Sep 2010
"Gyrokinetic turbulence in the presence of strong rotation"
If not fusion?