Welcome to Global PAD
Global PAD (Global Professional and Academic Development) is for professionals and higher education students and staff seeking to develop their skills for modern society. It is developed and maintained by staff in the Centre for Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick, UK, and focuses on the following areas:
- academic English skills
- intercultural communication skills
- academic and workplace research skills
- teaching skills within the broad field of Applied Linguistics and ELT
Click on the relevant links on this page to gain access to our GoGlobal Resources for a globalising world, our self-access e-learning courses available for purchase, the e-courses you are enrolled on, and our range of open access resources.
Click My Courses to go directly to the e-courses you are enrolled on.
GoGlobal: Resources for a globalising world
- Develop Global Skills for the workplace through our diagnostic tool, Global Professionals Profiler, and our blended learning course Global People@Work:
- Seeing Culture@work
- Diverse Teams@work
- Global Leaders@work.
Self-access e-learning courses
EASE (Essential Academic Skills in English) series:
- EASE: Listening to Lectures (training in understanding lectures and taking notes).
- EASE: Seminar Discussions (training in participating in small group discussions).
EASE Mailing List: To sign-up for EASE news updates click here.
At our GlobalPeople Knowledge Exchange you can benefit from our open access bank of resources on the intercultural field.
Some highlights include:
- Core concepts and tools for working across cultures
- Frameworks and models
- Papers and presentations
- The eChina-UK Project