Language Development - of the four key skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Strategies for negotiating meaning;
- Language use in academic, personal and professional contexts;
- Presentation skills;
- Understanding English for intercultural communication;
- Essential classroom language;
- Key issues in grammar use;
- Pronunciation development.
Developing Skills for Teaching English
- Methods and approaches in English language teaching;
- Communicative approaches and task-based teaching/learning;
- Teaching the four skills;
- Teaching vocabulary;
- Syllabus design;
- Materials design and selection;
- Teaching presentation skills;
- Strategies for encouraging student participation;
- Assessing language proficiency;
- Classroom management.
- Learning technology and its integration into the classroom;
- Teaching practice and observation;
- Professional Projects;
- Cultural Visits to Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwick Castle, The Cotswolds, Oxford and London.