Optional core modules
You will need to take at least one of these modules in your second year (you may take two, or you may take one as an option in your third year, subject to availability). These modules have been co-developed, and will be co-taught, with other departments in the University to give you a unique perspective on the subject matter.
We are constantly developing and evolving our optional modules here in the Centre for Education Studies. These are our current options, but are subject to change each year. Please note that we won't run all optional modules each year - we will usually run two of these. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have a question about one of these.
- Children’s Literature in Childhood
- Creativity in Early Years Education
- Literacy and Numeracy in Context: Culture and the
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Educating and Working with Children in a Diverse Society.
- Education and Social Justice
- Social Theory and Education
- The Public and Social Significance of Religions: Educational Perspectives
- Education for Sustainability
- The Psychology of Religion: Educational Perspectives
Options from outside of the department
Modules are also open to you from outside the Centre for Education Studies. These will all have a relevance to Education in some way, and as such will be fantastic additions to our module portfolio. Please be aware that availability of modules in other departments is dependent on maximum class sizes and timetabling and the list will change every year as new modules become available and others are discontinued but this is an indicative list of the sort of options you may have: