Some questions asked about learning analytics are:
- Is this really new and does it need a new label such as learning analytics?
- Are we being swamped by data and forgetting about explanation?
- What ethical issues arise in respect to collecting and using big data?
- Are the data simply confirming the obvious?
- Can we make predictions based on past learner behavior?
- Where are the relatable and compelling cases for learning analytics?
- Where are the causes for concern?
We will be raising these and other issues with Amber Thomas and Robert O’Toole.
We have some invited contributions too. We would like to know if you would like contribute a formal slot too an opinion or something you have worked on? Please email Amber (Amber.Thomas@warwick.ac.uk) as soon as you can.
Please confirm your attendance by filling in this form, as places are limited.
reCAPTCHA is a utility used to verify you're not a robot filling out this form. Unfortunately this has failed to load correctly.
Please try reloading the page. If the problem persists, or if you are in a country which blocks Google products, please contact us by using the ‘page contact’ link at the foot of this page.