Established in 1989, Warwick Economics Society are delighted to be celebrating their 30th anniversary this year. The society has brought together over 1700 students across the university from very diverse personal and academic backgrounds broadening networks and maximising student experience and potential.
The society has hosted a colossal array of events in the past year from prestigious speakers to high quality career events and memorable social events. Some of which included:
- A talk by Mark Wright: Founder of ClimbOnline and winner of the BBC apprentice 2014 on Entrepreneurship
- A talk by George Parker: Chief Political Editor of the Financial Times on Brexit
- An International Tour to Barcelona
- The Dream Circus: Warwick Economics Society Ball
- A talk on the Economic Implications of Climate Change
- Company Career presentations by Compass Lexecon, RBB Economics, Civil Service
- How to get into banking with Alexander Cairn
- Economics Society Football, Basketball and Netball matches
A few of our upcoming events this term include Professor Victoria Chick who will be presenting a talk on Re-evaluating Keynes in this tumultuous economy as well as various other career presentations, one of which is being hosted by Brattle Group.
Assumptions, the Warwick Economics Society’s Official Magazine is published termly alongside a weekly blog which covers a magnitude of topics. A few recent articles include ‘The Rise of the Nostalgia Economy’, ‘Negativity in the Media’ and ‘Will the economy be the deciding factor in Donald Trump’s re-election?’. The articles are published on http://assumptions.warwickeconomicssociety.com/ and is most definitely worth giving a read!
Reported by Davina Gami, Talks and Alumni Coordinator, Warwick Economics Society