We're an inclusive, diverse community committed to the highest quality research which informs our teaching on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Many of our experts are leaders in their field.
We Focus On
Our current strategic priorities focus on five important areas of our work:
- delivering innovative research that extents the frontiers of the discipline
- producing policy-relevant research that enhances well-being
- delivering outstanding teaching and learning that benefits society
- building a diverse and inclusive community in which all students and staff can reach their full potential
- creating an environment based on respect, integrity and accountability for one's action.
In over 50 years since its founding, the Department has rocketed to the forefront of both economic research and education in the UK and beyond, ranking consistently in the top 5 in leading UK subject league tables for a number of years.Find out more
Our research aims to generate knowledge that can be used to strengthen economies and benefit societies around the world. Our lively research environment is built around seminars and workshops covering a wide range of disciplines within economics organised into six distinctive Research Groups:
- Development and History
- Econometrics and Labour
- Experimental and Behavioural Economics
- Macroeconomics and International Economics
- Political Economy and Public Economics
We have a diverse community of around 1200 undergraduate, 250 MSc and approximately 90 research students. We attract students from all around the world due to our reputation for offering rigorous and exciting training, and the fact that many employers actively seek to employ our graduates.
Our innovative curriculum across both our undergraduate and postgraduate courses provides an outstanding training in economics which is intellectually challenging and prepares our students for entering the graduate job market with professional skills and confidence.
At Undergraduate level, we offer an advanced, internationally-focused education that is both intellectually demanding and professionally relevant.
We offer three Undergraduate courses:
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation
- BSc/BA Economics, Politics and International Studies.
We contribute to the teaching on joint honours courses with Economics offered by other departments.
We offer an unbeatable combination of core studies, specialist options and the value of conducting academic research with guidance from experts in the field.
We offer three Postgraduate Taught courses:
- MSc Economics
- MSc Economics and International Financial Economics
- MSc Behavioural and Economic Science.
Our course offer extends to MSc Finance and Economics which we run jointly with Warwick Business School.
We provide a thorough understanding of research techniques and in-depth appreciation of the principle concerns for researchers.
The MRes/PhD is the route to PhD Economics at Warwick. It is an integrated two year Masters in Economics, from which students progress to the PhD in Economics.